✩ 2✩

Sorting and Announcements

WARNING: Snape will be ooc at some moments because this is what I imagine him as a parent. He will still be cold, but he will be like any normal parent. You have been warned and now you can't say why is Snape ooc.

A/N: Let me make this clear Nora will know Hogwarts pretty well due to Snape being a teacher. Nora will be raised at Hogwarts from a young age so she will have a good idea of getting around for most areas. Except for the Slytherin common rooms due to her never really being there. She was there whenever her father came to plan before students came this will be why she knows the staff and everyone. That is why she knows this. So with that out of the way back to the story.

When Nora, Harry, Hermione, and Ron got to Hogwarts after what seemed to be a now quiet ride after what happened. Nora was the first to grab her luggage saying farewell to the group and promising to meet them later before she went on her way. She was about to do that when she was pulled by Professor McGonagall. "There you are dearie your father has been wondering where you are and sent me to ensure that you are safe especially considering the train ride we heard you had."

  "As you can see I am just fine you can inform dad that I am just fine."

  "Or you can tell him yourself if I am not mistaken he is waiting for you with Dumbledore near the entrance of the great hall"

"Alright," Nora said with a sigh as she made her way to the great hall with Professor McGonagall following behind her she stopped when Nora was at the entrance to the great hall where her father and Dumbledore were waiting for her. The moment she saw her father he pulled her into a hug with her great big cloak.

  "I was so worried about you."

  "I know dad but as you can see I am just fine."

   "Yes but still I wish Albus would have informed me before I allowed you to get on the train," Snape said as he gave a look at Albus.

  "Well to be fair Severus I didn't know that they were going to do that I only just got word and by the time I did it was too late," Albus said without another word Nora was taken and brought into the great hall through the staff entrance. As she stood to the side watching as it went through the feast. To the moment when Dumbledore stepped up to the podium. "Welcome, welcome to another year at Hogwarts. Now, I'd like to get several things out of the way before we all become too befuddled by our excellent feast. First, I'm pleased to welcome Professor R.J Lupin, who's kindly consented to fill the post of Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher. Good luck professor" Dumbledore stated, and as soon as y/n heard that she saw the look that Snape gave to Lupin. Dad was passed up again I see she thought as she heard everyone but Snape clap for him. After this Dumbdore went to explain that Hagrid would now be under the Care of the Magical Creatures teacher. That explains the monster-eating book I should have known that came from him she thought thinking about the book she had to purchase for Care of Magical Creatures one that had been held in a cage. All of the students and teachers cheered and clapped for Hagrid, especially the Gryffindor table.

 "Now before we can get to our last announcement I would like to inform you at the request of the Ministry of Magic Hogwarts will be until further notice, play host to the dementors of Azkaban, until such a time when Sirius Black is captured. The dementors will be stationed at every entrance to the grounds. Now while the Ministry has tried to assure me that their presence will not disrupt our daily lives. I would tell you that dementors are vicious creatures and will not heist to get to the one they hunt no matter who is in front of them. Therefore I must warn each and every one of you to give them no reason to harm you. It is not in their nature to be forgiving. But, you know happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light," Dumbledore said as with one wave he made a candle go out and with another it was relit. "Now for my last announcement I would like to inform you all of a new student that we will be welcoming here," he said and with that, he motioned to Nora who came out. The sorting hat coming out as well along with a stool. "She is the daughter of one of our but has just now been able to join us. Please welcome Nora Snape. Now she will be the third year and as of now will be sorted into one of our houses," he said as Nora took a seat on the stool as the sorting hat was placed upon her. The sorting hat let out a hmmph.