✩ 4✩

Aftermath and Fight

The evening seemed to go much faster than the morning leading Nora to smile slightly. As she took a sat at a table with Ron, Harry and Hermione who had books laid out on the surface. Nora and Hermione tried to drown out the Slytherin's talking rather loudly.

"Does it hurt terribly, Draco?" A girl asked, she could have been heard from upstairs.

"It comes and it goes. Still, I consider myself lucky. According to Madam Pomfrey another minute or two, and I could've lost my arm. I couldn't possibly do any homework for weeks." Draco said glumly, holding up his cast for dramatic effect.

"Listen to the idiot. He's really laying it on thick, isn't he?" Ron asked, gesturing towards the Slytherin table. Disgust written on his face.

"Please! Don't touch it!" Draco cried, Nora groaned and tried to focus on the assignment she was working on.

  "I don't know why we are pretending to be shocked when we all knew this was going to happen," Nora said as Harry shook his head. 

  "At least Hagrid wasn't fired, or worse, put in Azkaban again," Harry said as he let out a sigh. Nora was about to ask what it meant but Hermione seemed to answer before she could.

  "Apparently Draco's father is furious." Hermione shook her head with her arms crossed and pressed against the table. Nora shifted uncomfortably, biting the inside of her cheek.

  "Why am I not surprised like father, like son. I wouldn't be surprised if he demanded Buckbeak to be killed," Nora said with a sigh as she puffed out her cheeks before leaning her chin in her palm.

  "You don't think that would actually happen do you Nora?" Harry asked.

  "Wouldn't be surprised if it does." She shrugged. "Knowing my godfather."

  "Wait, Lucius Malfoy is your godfather?" Ron asked.

"Weren't you listening?" Hermione rolled her eyes. "Of course, he's her godfather. From what I hear Snape and Mr. Malfoy have been close ever since they attended school."

  "Then shouldn't you be rubbing elbows with Malfoy, or whatever you rich people do?" Ron asked with a bitter tone causing Harry to elbow him.

  "Ronald don't be rude." As Hermione spat Ron's arm.

  "Ow, I was only asking what we were all thinking."

  "You were the only one thinking that."

   "It's fine, honestly, Hermione. I don't like Draco for the same reason you do. After all, he mostly uses his status as a way to get out of being an ass." Nora stated. As they were talking someone came running with the Daily Prophet. 

  "Dufftown that's not far from here." Hermione commented as she pulled the paper towards her. While everyone else gathered around to look.

  "You don't think he'd come to Hogwarts, do you?" A boy asked nervously.

   "He couldn't, not with dementors at every entrance." Another boy answered.

   "If he has already slipped past them before who is to say he wouldn't do it again?" Nora asked.

  "She's right for all we know Black could be anywhere. After all, catching him is like trying to catch smoke with your bare hands." Another student answered stoically. After that, the table became filled with discussions about Black, as everyone including Nora looked at the paper anxious of what is to come. This continued even towards dinner rather than the usual happy talk that filled the Gryffindor table, it was filled with talk about Sirius Black. Everyone swopping rumors that they had heard about him and with that Nora could see how scared Harry was getting, Harry was starting to look paler overhearing others while just sitting there. After that Nora, Ron, and Hermione tried to keep the mood light but failed as by the end Harry still looked panic stricken. While everyone else was still filled with a bit of anxiety about how near Sirius Black was, Nora was still feeling nervous even as she made her way to the dungeon after dinner, she found Snape lying in wait for her in a chair. This made her take a jump back.