✩ 11✩

Conflict, New Friendships, and Developments

Word spread fast about the fight in the great hall things would change amongst the students of Hogwarts. Draco, Hermione, and Nora would form an unexpected friendship. Though it did take a while slowly wounds were starting to be mended.

The three would often be seen together in the hallways after classes Nora and Hermione often teased Draco. As Draco bickered back but through this, the three of them were starting to form something of their own. This would prove useful as Nora would switch between staying in Hermione's dorm and the Slytherin common room.

As Nora and Snape still hadn't made up. Yet what they didn't know was that the real test was yet to come when after a bit of time of minding their relationship came the start of a new month in their defense against the dark arts class.

The first thing Nora heard was the sound of the door slamming something that was out of character for Lupin. She looked to see if it was Lupin when she was greeted by the sight of her dad. The one who hadn't spoken to her since their fight nearly a month ago. As he walked towards the front and one by with his wand he shut all of the shutters. As soon as the classroom was filled with darkness once he got to the front of the class wearing his usual frown. He tugged on a rope as within seconds a slideshow whiteboard came down. "Turn to page 394"

Nora, Hermione, and Draco exchanged confused looks as they all turned to the page that Snape had said. Snape took this chance to walk around the classroom to ensure they were doing as told. His black cloak followed him as he went.

"Excuse me, sir," Harry said causing Nora, Hermione, and Draco to look his way. "Where's Professor Lupin?"

"That's not really your concern is it, Potter? Suffice it to say that your professor finds himself incapable of teaching at the present time," Snape started as he continued to walk towards the back where there was a projector already set up with a book open on a desk. "Now turn to page 394," he said as he hit his wand against the projector and soon the image from the book was on the screen.

Once Nora got to page 394 she was shocked.

"Werewolves?"

Hermione then turned to look at Snape. "But sir, we aren't supposed to learn about werewolves for weeks"

"She's right we have just begun learning about Red Caps and Hinkpunks. Seeing as how far this is we shouldn't be starting this for weeks"

"Quiet you two. Now which one of you can tell me the difference between an Animagus and a werewolf ?" Snape asked as he once again was walking towards the front. Nora raised her hand she had done a brief look through the book before the term. When she did this chapter had particularly stuck out to her. She saw Hermione was also raising her hand. Yet Snape didn't seem to notice. As he waited before he turned around. "No one how disappointing!"

Nora was about to answer when Hermione did before she could.

"Please Professor, an Animagus is a wizard who can morph themselves into an animal. While a werewolf is a wizard who is forced to morph. It is said with each full moon when he transforms, he no longer remembers who he is. He'd kill his best friend if he crossed his path. Furthermore, the werewolf only responds to the call of its own kind," Hermione finished. At that moment Draco let out a howl as both Hermione and Nora rolled their eyes at him.

"Thank you for that demonstration, Mr. Malfoy. That is the second time you have spoken out of turn Miss. Granger ten points from Gryffindor for doing so and you will also be serving detention. Furthermore are you incapable of restraining yourself or do you take pride in being an insufferable know-it-all?" Snape asked as he approached where Hermione and Nora were sitting. "As for you Miss. Snape five points from Slytherin for not stopping her"