r: my new best friend

for Amyajenna85

💐

In college, most people are there for the same reason...for a better education. People are there to party because their parents fund their education rather than the government. That was technically the case for Amya. She was very fortunate to receive a scholarship from the school, but she likes to get loose every now and then.

It was Friday, and she had just finished her last assignment for the week. It was like she and her roommate had telepathic powers because they both turned around simultaneously with smirks.

"So what's the move this weekend", Amya asked.

"Why are you asking me? You are normally the one with the plans for both of us."

Her roommate, Jania, wasn't wrong. Amya didn't know anything because she had been on lockdown trying to catch up and get ahead in her classes. Amya felt that this weekend would be good and didn't need an assignment popping up out of nowhere.

"Now you know I have been in this dorm room all week."

"True, but I heard the basketball players throwing a party tonight."

"Who told you that...Charles."

Jania started smiling like crazy, only to cause Amya to start screaming and laughing. She didn't understand why her roommate denied her feelings for that man. It was so obvious that they liked each other.

"I don't know why you keep playing in that man's face."

"I know you not talking, Mrs. Jordan Poole."

"Alright relax," she straight faces her.

It would be a big fat lie if Amya said she didn't think Jordan was cute. They have a few classes together and hang out with some of the boys from the team because the black community at Michigan is very small.

"Jordan asked about you when I was with Charles this morning."

"Really, what did he say?"

"He just wanted to know if you were doing ok since he didn't see you around campus often this week."

Now the young girl was smiling like crazy making her roommate laugh and giggle as she did earlier.

"That's so sweet of him...During one of our classes, I told him that I was trying to stay locked in so I could be free during the weekend. Anyways enough with the conversation; let's get ready for this party."

Jania headed into the bathroom area, while Amya went towards her closet to pick her outfit out for the night.

• • •

Jania and Amya pull up to the house that all the players share and park in the driveway. Charles had that spot reserved specifically for them. Amya decided on a simple black dress and black platform sandals because she would be damned if she wore heels to the party. The two entered in the house and went straight towards the kitchen to fix themselves a drink. They didn't know how, but the whole basketball team came in there cheering and giving the both of them hugs. Jordan walks up to Amya, giving her a big bear hug and a smile. She noticed he had shades on and was stumbling a little bit and that only meant one thing.