late nights

Jordan was at the gym late at night to get some practice in. The past few days have been difficult for him because he hasn't been able to sleep, so he gets up and goes to the court. As for his girlfriend, Y/N, she was very worried because last time he did this was during the process of being drafted. She knows her man is on edge and has been going with him to gym bringing a blanket and pillow.

Jordan walks over to her and she hands him his water bottle. He takes a long sip handing it back to her and taking a seat.

"You ok?"

"Yeah", she smiles.

"Just give me a few minutes and we will go back home."

"It's ok take all of the time you need baby."

She gives him a quick peck and snuggles back into her blanket to watch him practice some more. It's crazy that she has been with this man for what feels like forever. She remembers him bumping into her at Michigan because he wasn't watching where he was going and it's been love ever since. She has been his number one supporter and was really there for him during his rookie season. The transition from collegiate to professional and the injuries was a big switch for him. He got in the gym and has been consistently working since then.

Jordan makes him last shot and walks over to his girlfriend taking a seat.

"What's been on your mind...why have you been having trouble sleeping lately?"

"I don't know I'm just under a lot of stress with the new season coming up and j just feel like I have expectations and a lot to prove."

"You already did your proving you had an amazing preseason."

"Yeah but still I don't know."

"It's going to be ok I promise you're going to have a breakout season all this MIP talk and you're doubting yourself."

Jordan loves that she's so supportive and wouldn't trade her for anybody.

"I love you."

"I love you too, you ready to go home and sleep", she laughs.

"Yeah and I promise I'll go to sleep."

The couple walks out the gym hand in hand heading to the parking garage to go back home.

A/N
Something short and sweet