different than expected

Everyone knows an athlete when they see one. You know the typical cockiness, wearing sweats everyday, and the amount of girls that is on their roster. Y/N really wasn't into athletes but for some reason they would always find her ever since high school. I guess she is what they call a "trophy wife".

Today was a normal day and she is actually at work right now waiting for the time to go by. She works at the animal shelter that's near her campus in Ann Arbor. Y/N always has a love for animals and plans on going to veterinary school once she graduates from Michigan. One of the cats they have wanted to chill with her at the front desk as she was waiting for a new volunteer to come in. Her boss told her that he has came in before it's just that she has never seen him.

The bell at the top of the door goes off and she looks up to see the one and only Jordan Poole. I guess you can say that her and Jordan are cool....they have a kinesiology class together but outside of that they really don't talk. His basketball buddies do bother her saying that Jordan likes her, but is too scared to say anything.

"Hey Y/N I didn't know you work here."

"Yeah I'm guessing you never see me because we're on different schedules most of the time but anyways I guess I don't have to tell you anything you know what to do."

• • •

After Jordan refilled all of the water bowls him and Y/N are outside in the back as they take one section of dogs to the play area one at a time. It was kind of mind blowing that he was being a tad bit awkward, but she just shook it off.

"You saw that we have that project coming up?"

"Yeah I've been meaning to ask if you wanted to be partners on it since our professor is giving us the freedom to choose."

"Wow not the Mr. Jordan Poole asking me Ms. Y/N Y/L/N to be his partner for a project...you must want an A."

"Alright don't get too cocky but yes I do", he laughs.

Jordan was admiring on how she interacted with the animals. He could tell that she is a huge animal person. Everyone think it's weird that Jordan likes cats but Y/N never judged him on that, she actually thought it was different and likes it.

"So what made you want to volunteer at the shelter?"

"I just love animals and always volunteered at the shelter back at home. It just makes me happy hanging out with these little guys because I know it's kind of hard for them to be alone you know."

"Yeah I just wish I can adopt all of them."

Jordan stares at her and he laughs when he sees her looking at him at the corner of her eye.

"How come we never hang out?"

"No the real question is why are you so scared to ask me to hang out I'm not going to say no."

He is really the only athlete that she allows to be in her presence...well the basketball team because they treat her like a little sister.

"Because you know all the athletes we cool with each other and the majority especially the football player say you're mean and shut people down with a quickness."

"Well did I shut you down? If so I wouldn't be sitting next to you having this conversation", she smiles.

She starts blushing like crazy which made Jordan start blushing and smiling.

"Soooooo after our shift do you maybe want to come back to my apartment and hang out."

"Define hangout."

Tbc
Making this into two parts because it's getting too long lmao