open practice

Normally every NBA team has an open practice event where fans, family, and friends can come to the arena to watch them practice and have fun. As of lately Coach Kerr decided to do it again only with family this time. He mainly did it to bring Jordan's wife out Y/N to help bring him out of the slump he's in. All of the other wives/girlfriends said they had other obligations which was perfect because he wanted Jordan to be caught off guard and tighten when he sees she's the only one. Lately Y/N has been pissed off at the way he's been playing, but she doesn't say anything though except of words of encouragement. She feels as times it's going through one ear and out of the other.

She did tell herself that she was going to let him slide a couple of times but if she gets to a breaking point she's going off. Coach and the rest of the coaching staff said that if she wants to interject has had the permission to do so. She pulls up to Chase Center in black leggings, yellow Nike vapor max, and one of Jordan's sweatshirts that she took from his side of the closet. Checking in with security they escort her to the practice gym and Jordan runs over giving her a kiss on the lips. He could tell something was off though because she gave him a small smile and took a seat in the bleachers. All of his teammates knew that something was brewing and that she was pissed off about something, she was like a little sister to everyone. Coach Kerr blows the whistle and begins practice.

• • •

By now Y/N's leg was bouncing up and down as she stares at Jordan with intensity watching make a fuck up after another. They're playing five on five right now and his defense is sloppy. Once his man got by and scored that's when she had enough.

"Stop!"

Everyone turns their head to her and Coach Kerr starts smiling a little bit when he sees her walking to her husband.

"What the fuck was that out there? For the past ten minutes I've been sitting in those bleachers my ass aching in pain watching you play bad defense. Like what's wrong why aren't you staying with your man?"

"I-", before Jordan can get another word out she cuts him off.

"You know what because you're stop low and you keep going for pump fakes. I've been holding this in but you game as of lately babe has been terrible I don't know what's going on because you really don't tell me anything anymore when it comes to basketball, but you need to tighten up and get your shit together! I understand that it has been a tough transition for you to come off of the bench when you started in a lot of games this season. Baby your shot selection has been sloppy along with your passes and defensive, the only thing that has been consistent is your free throws. When the team had their interest in Goran Dragic who's minutes where going to get taken? Yours, so that should mean something to you! Having the same interest in a player with the same position as you when that's not what y'all need right now what y'all need is a fucking center! I'm not trying to be mean and I'm saying this because I love you and I want to see you succeed. You are made for this but you need to figure out ok."

She place her hands on his cheeks and he takes one of them kissing the top of it.

"As for the rest of you y'all need to hold each other accountable and start getting ready for playoffs. This time should be taken advantage of because the Suns ain't doing so hot without Chris Paul. That number one spot should be y'all but instead these minor mistakes is what's making y'all lose. These taking these bad shots need to stop when there are people wide fucking open! It doesn't hurt to pass maybe one or two more times especially when y'all have time on the shot clock. Like stop trying to rush everything and slow the pace down sometimes!"

She turns to Coach Kerr and puts her hand on her hip smiling at him.

"As for you coach", she wipes the smile off her face, "stop experimenting with the rotations and keep the same shit you was going at the beginning of the season. In my opinion when Klay isn't playing then Jordan needs to b starting he did for damn near half the season. If you feel like that shouldn't be the case then y'all need to have a talk about what do you want to see more of. After that talk I don't maybe work with him on that because he spends majority of his time here. Ok I think I'm done now."

She walks back over to the bleachers taking the same seat she occupied before.

• • •

By now practice was over and she was standing by her car waiting for Jordan to come out since she did park next to him. A few minutes later she sees him walking out with his water bottle and eating the snacks she packed in his bag for him.

He finally makes it in front of her and pulls her in for a hug.

"Thank you."

"No need to thank me you know I'm always going to love you and want to see you do great things."