church

you'll be the preacher I be the pew

Jordan's hand rub down on his slacks as he was trying to shake the thoughts out of his head. He decided to visit his family back in Milwaukee during his All-Star break and he was kind of regretting it. Only because of the snow and also because his mom has been dragging him along everywhere. The second part is a lie because he is a momma's boy to the core, but he just wanted to chill and not constantly moving.

Today though is Sunday and the Poole family has never missed a service. Monet made sure that he packed a nice suit before flying up north. It has been a minute since everyone has seen him and she just wanted her baby boy to look his best. She has seen his pre game outfits...and she was not very happy about them.

Pushing his glasses up his face he puts his attention back on the pastor. His eyes revert to the front row and he sees the person he's been dying to see since he's been back in his hometown. Y/N, the pastor's daughter. In Jordan's eyes she was the true definition of a woman. They were like two peas in a pod growing up until they went their separate ways when he went to college. Whenever you saw one you saw the other. Everyone would always say they see them getting married. She decided to stay close to home, but really her dad wanted to keep a close eye on her.

Being a preacher's kid wasn't easy for her growing up, especially when your dad is known for being strict. Feeling eyes on her she quickly turns around to see her childhood friend sitting a few row behind her. The young woman quickly turns around hiding her face in her Bible so her daddy wouldn't see the blood rushing to her cheeks.

Pastor Y/L/N noticed his daughter's change in body language and looks back to see Jordan Poole staring right at her. He shakes that off just so he can go through his sermon. Y/N looks back up again to see him smiling at her again and she lets out a small giggle.

Her mother follows her gaze and smiles seeing Jordan. Mrs. Y/L/N absolutely adores him and would always allow Y/N to hang out with him....despite her husband saying no.

Y/N and her mom have a special bond and even thought they had an image to keep up, she wants her daughter to live her life to the fullest. Her husband was always nagging and would even go as far as saying everything they're daughter is doing is a sin.

Jordan pulls out his phone clicking on the set of ten digits that he prayed was still in service. He types a quick message before clicking send. Y/N feels her phone vibrate and smiles when she sees me the text message.

meet me in the bathroom on the upper level

on the upper level

She cuts her phone off and turns to her mother that she's not feeling well and she's going to go to the restroom. He father had been reading verses from the good book so he wouldn't be able to see them leave at different time. Successfully she exits the sanctuary successfully before heading to the bathroom that Jordan was talking about. She lightly knocks on the family restroom and the boy whom she had a crush on poked his head out.