first impressions

Friends are always there for you no matter what, whether it's to help you with your problems, be your shoulders, and many more other things. Sometimes they can be a little overbearing and assist you with you're love life when it's not needed.

Y/N nervously rubs her hands on her dress as she stared at herself in the mirror in her room. Tonight she had planned to stay in and watch movies, but of course her friends scheduled her for something she doesn't want to do. Her friends set her up on a blind date claiming that they were tired of her being single. She didn't know why they were complying the single life wasn't treating her that bad. Plus men still came up to her and she would decline because of she likes having time to herself.

As she continues to fix her hair, the phone rings and she presses the green button.

"Hello."

"Girl are you almost ready?"

"Yeah I'm just fixing my hair."

"Stand the phone up so I can see your outfit."

Y/N decided on wearing a strapless black dress that stops and black heels. She wanted to keep things simple she didn't know what she getting herself into.

"You look cute."

"Thank you I'm actually nervous as hell...it has been so long since I've been on a date."

"And that's exactly why me, Kendra, and Cher set you up with him."

"Who is this him because y'all haven't given a name, picture, or anything if you ask me....it seems very dangerous to put your friend in a situation like this Kacie."

"Y/N he's not dangerous his name is Jordan and he's actually excited about this date...he said that you and I quote "very beautiful" when we showed him a picture. All you need to know is that he is very cute."

Y/N was starting to feel uneasy about this, since her friends didn't give her any information. For all she knows he could be an axe murderer...ok she might be over thinking it but still. As soon as she put her brush down she hears a hard knock on her door and Kacie's eyes get big.

"Oooooo he's here have fun use protection love you."

Before she could say anything Kacie had already hung up the phone. The knocks continue and she quickly makes a bee line to the door. Opening the door she is met with a light skin male, 6'4 hive or take, low cut with deep waves, and cute glasses.

"You must be Jordan", she smiles.

"And you must be Y/N", he smiles back at her.

"You can come in I just need to grab my purse."

As soon as he enter the apartment, Y/N makes a mental note to thank her friends because this man is fine.

Grabbing her purse she goes back to her living room to see Jordan looking at the pictures she had.

"Ready", she smiles.

"Ready", he smiles.

• • •

The two continue to laugh as they told each other stories from their childhood.

"Wow you had momma Poole stressed huh?"

"Yeah and probably why I got yelled at half the time."

For the past two hours they've been getting to know each other a little more. Y/N was very impressed that her friends hooked her up with a basketball player. Once Jordan told her that he was friends with Kendra's boyfriend it all made sense. It did make her wonder why she hasn't seen him around her friends before.

"So how do you like being in the nba?"

"It's cool I'm just happy doing something I love. I'm not really into the flashy stuff...just in the shadows."

That was one thing that Y/N loves about him. She liked how he didn't care what others had to say about it and keeps to himself. Earlier he said that is what keeps him out of trouble. Reaching over the table she place her hand on top of his and he interlocks their fingers. 

"You know I'm starting to like you Miss. Y/L/N."

"I'm starting to like you too Mr. Poole your first impression was really good."

"Yours was good as well."

Soon the check is given to them and Jordan quickly pays for their meal.

"Is it had that I don't want our night to end?"

Jordan shakes his head no smiling at her.

"Wanna watch movies at my place? You can finally meet my cats I've been talking about."

"Yeah I would like that."

For some reason she felt comfortable with Jordan and didn't mind staying the night with him.

A/N
I'm sorry y'all if this doesn't make sense literally wrote this in the midst of finals week