Forgiveness (Mateo AU)

Idea:Me
Info:
Mateo decided to forgive his tía his wife Mirabel Garcia supported him with their 6 kids being there for their father

Children:
Mirabel and Mateos side:
Marco Fernando Garcia-15
Aurelia (Leah) Julieta Garcia-14
Aaliya Josefina Garcia-13
Marisol Anabel Garcia-12
Mariposa Julia Garcia-12
Olivia Irena Garcia-5
...
"Lisa, where is your father?" Mateo inquired of his nephew. Lisa replied, "Oh, dad is with Sam and Aunt Isa." Mateo instructed, "Just prepare yourself for Olivia's gift ceremony." Lisa nodded in agreement, saying, "Okay, Uncle Matt." Mateo noticed his eldest daughter, Leah, and greeted her, saying, "Hey, Leah." Leah responded, "Hey, dad." Mateo then acknowledged Claire, saying, "Oh, hi Claire." Aurelie asked, "Dad, who is Tanya's grandmother? My cousins and I have both, but Tanya, Rhiannon, and Brianna only have Julio." Mateo replied, "We don't discuss her in this house, honey, but you should get ready for Olivia's gift ceremony."

Mirabel suggested, "Matt, it would be wise if you reached out to your aunt." Mateo responded, "Why should I forgive her? All she did was cause pain to my sisters and me. Mi vida, you're my wife and I love you, but you tend to be too forgiving." Mirabel replied, "That's how I intend to raise our children." Mateo affectionately kissed her, only to be interrupted by Marcus's groan. Confused, Mateo asked, "What's the matter?" Matthew chimed in, saying, "Oh, hello Leah." Aurelie, also known as Leah, greeted him with a certain tone in her voice, saying, "Hey Matt."

Leah relied on her boyfriend Bailey as Mateo smiled at the two. "Auri, your father loves me," he said. Mirabel continued to glare at him. "You better not hurt my daughter," Bailey warned. "N-no, Señora Garcia," Mirabel stammered. "Oh my god, did I go too far?" Bailey shook his head. "I'm fine, Señora," Mirabel assured. "Call me Mirabel. I know you wouldn't hurt my baby," Leah groaned. Mirabel laughed. "It's about to start," Leah said. "Go Marc!" Mirabel cheered. "I'm proud," Aaliya, her middle daughter, added. "Hey Ma, hey Leah," Marisol and Mariposa entered. "Sorry Ma, we're late," Mirabel apologized. "It's okay, niñas."

Mirabel recognized a familiar face and exclaimed, "S-Sophia?" Sophia responded, "M-Mirabel." Mirabel glared at her and said bitterly, "You're supposed to love your nephew, but instead you hurt him. You hurt my husband. I don't want you anywhere near my kids or my nieces and nephews." Mateo, confused, asked, "Mi amor, what's going on?" Mirabel replied, "Look who's here!" Mateo realized it was their aunt and said, "Tía?" Sophia was shocked and apologized to Mateo, saying, "I'm really sorry, Matt." Mateo questioned her audacity, "How!? How!? Why the hell do you have the audacity to bring your ass back here and suddenly apologize?" Mirabel interrupted, "Isa Val!" Isabela exclaimed, "What!" Mateo rolled his eyes and Valentina added, "Do you not see the person in front of me?" Ricardo, distracted, said, "No, I was busy with Regina." Mirabel sighed and said, "I don't have time for this!" Leah called out, "Mama!" Mirabel responded, "Yes, Leah!" Leah informed her, "Liv is waiting!" Mirabel replied, "Just a second, mija!" Sofia looked down and asked, "Can I just see my children and make it up to Mateo?" Mateo agreed, "Sì, come in." Rhiannon, chasing Ramon, Camilo's oldest son, called out, "A-Abuela?" Sophia greeted her, "Hey." Rhiannon announced, "Mamá, tía! We have a visitor." Mateo grinned and said, "Hey Mira, you know after 17 years of marriage, you haven't made me a sandwich." Sophia rolled her eyes and commented, "Yay, Mateo is annoying Mirabel." Mirabel playfully hit his head and retorted, "I made you an idiot sandwich." Isabela jokingly pleaded for help, and Mateo clarified, "I'm kidding. Love you, mi amor!" Mirabel redirected the conversation, saying, "Anyway..." Sophia sat down and said, "Guys, we need to talk." Irena, Kaylee's oldest daughter, called out, "Mama!" Kaylee responded, "Yes, mi vida." Kaylee joined them and Sophia asked, "Whose little one is this?" Kaylee introduced her youngest, saying, "This is Sapphire." Sophia complimented, "She's adorable." Kaylee mentioned, "She's about to receive her gift in 2 days, after Mirabel's youngest daughter." Sophia smiled and said, "Mateo, look, I know I haven't been the best tía, but I'm willing to make up for the lost time." Mateo reluctantly agreed, "Ok, fine."