Mateo is back to normal

Idea: Me
Info:
Mateo experienced deep sorrow upon the loss of his mother. However, a clandestine encounter with Mirabel ignited a glimmer of hope within him. Despite this, he deliberately chose to suppress these emotions. After five months of being together, he gradually began to rediscover his authentic self, finding solace in their relationship.
(Julieta died in this and Mirabel is still grieving)
...
"Thank you for letting me stay in the Casita," Mateo said as he entered. He overheard Kaylee saying, "Matt, I don't think anyone is home." Mirabel emerged from her room, her eyes red and it seemed like she had been crying. "Um, Miss," Mirabel said hesitantly. "Oh, hi," Mateo greeted her. "I'm Mateo." "Mirabel Madrigal," she introduced herself. "What brings you here?" Mateo asked. "Finding me a wife," Diego chimed in. "Hi, I'm Diego Diego Garcia." Alma exclaimed, "Mirabel, oh my god, finally!" Mirabel nodded sadly, saying, "I know, after mamá died..." Alma kissed her cheek and said, "Honey, meet Mateo Garcia." Mirabel rolled her eyes and said, "Abuela, seriously?" Mateo interjected, "Mira, let's go. Show me my room." Mirabel replied, "You're sharing with me." Austin added, "Don't worry, we won't make out, señor." "Austin, just Austin," he clarified with a playful tone.

In Mirabel's room
Carlos urged, "Look, you really need to come. Gomez really misses you." Mirabel responded, "Caro, how am I going to eat with them after all this!?" Carlos reassured, "Mirabel Valentina Rojas-Madrigal, it's not your fault." Mirabel lamented, "How? I'm the only giftless one here, and it's all my fault." Mateo intervened, "Mira, look at me. I went through this. I miss my mother as much as you do, and my sister Julianne is amazing. If you ever want anything, talk to her." Mirabel sighed, "Mamà was the glue of the family." Carlos chimed in, "Mirabel, you help Isa and Luisa find their true selves, and me and Cam as well. You are the glue of the family, and we are grateful to have you." Pepa added, "Mirabel, Carlos is right. I don't blame you. Oh, hi, you must be Mateo Garcia." Mateo nodded and confirmed, "Si." Mateo asked, "Mira, what's your favorite thing to do?" Mirabel replied, "Sewing." Mateo shared, "My sister Josefina is also good at sewing. It's also her gift." Mirabel greeted, "Oh, hey Isa." Isabela gently responded, "Mira, if you want anything, me, Dolores, Luisa, Camilo, Carlos, and Antonio are here. Also, Sam, Josh, and Alisa." Liliana expressed, "Mira, I see señora Julieta as my own mother, and looking at you reminds me of her there."

During dinner time, Bruno called out, "Mirabel, are you coming down?" Mateo shook his head. Mirabel declared, "Let's go!" Dolores exclaimed, "Yes, Tío, I'm coming!" Mirabel teased, "Really, Mariposa!?" Isabela squealed excitedly and kissed Sam's cheek. Mirabel scolded, "None of that, Isa."

"Juls, I believe I did it. I managed to get her out of her room," Mateo exclaimed. Julia responded, "Well done, Matt. It's a relief that it didn't take you a whole week to leave your room." Josefina chimed in, "It felt like an eternity." Dolores added, "She hasn't left her room for three whole weeks!" Carlos exclaimed, "Are you kidding me, Mirabel Valentina-Rojas Madrigal?" Mateo muttered, "At least I managed to come out of my room!" Julia retorted, "No, you didn't." Valentina warned, "Matt, I swear, if you continue to lock yourself up in that room, Dolores and Isabela will forcefully pull you out."

2 months later
"Thank you, Casita," Mirabel expressed her gratitude. Mateo greeted, "Hey, look who's here!" Mirabel responded with a casual, "Oh, hi." Mateo sighed and asked, "Tell me more about your mother." Mirabel proudly replied, "My Mamá was kind, amazing, thoughtful, and the best mother, wife, and tía." Mateo smiled and shared, "So was mine, but now I have a stepmother who is the best." Mirabel exclaimed, "Isa, Papa found someone!?" Isabela confirmed, "Yes, her name is Laura Atelier." Mirabel couldn't contain her excitement and squealed, "That's wonderful!"

"Once I truly got to know you, Mirabel, the sweet and cheerful girl, I fell in love with you over the past two months," Mateo expressed. Mirabel was taken aback but filled with happiness. "Mirabel Valentina Rojas-Madrigal, will you be my girlfriend?" Mirabel was at a loss for words but managed to reply, "Yes!" Diego chimed in, "Welcome to the family, Mirabel!" Carmen appeared and exclaimed, "I told you, Soph, pay up!" Mirabel couldn't contain her joy and said, "Well, Mrs. Garcia, what are we waiting for?" Mirabel then playfully rolled her eyes and planted a kiss on Mateo's cheek. Antonio jokingly remarked, "Oh great, Garcia took my Mira."

5 months later
"Morning, Mi vida," Mateo greeted. Mirabel responded with a muffled sound. Laura entered the room and exclaimed, "Mateo, Mirabel isn't awake yet!" Mateo sighed, "I'm aware, Laur. I already tried." He smirked mischievously and playfully poked her. Mirabel suddenly jumped up, calling out, "Matt!" Mateo replied, "Good morning," with a teasing tone.

At breakfast
Carmen remarked, 'Someone seems to be in a good mood today.' Mateo grinned in response, while Mirabel rolled her eyes. 'Duh,' Alma chimed in. 'Mirabel is clearly in a bad mood.' Mirabel sat down next to Alma and pleaded, 'Amor, please.' She pouted for a moment, then grinned and planted a kiss on Mateo's cheek. Camilo interjected, 'I told you never to wake up Mira.' Julia added, 'So she could sleep all day.' Mirabel grumbled, 'I wish, Juls.' Mateo playfully poked her side again, and Mirabel slapped his hand away. 'You're sleeping on the couch tonight, Matt!' Mateo grinned and replied, 'Okay, Mi vida, fine!' Pepa noticed the tension and asked, 'Soph, everything okay?' Sophia and Rianna squealed with excitement, 'Our Mateo is back!' Mateo rolled his eyes and whispered to Mirabel, 'Ignore them."