Chapter 54: Allies

Richard looks at one of the men on the computers, "Where's the fire?"

The man quickly goes through all the surveillance cameras, trying to find the source of the problem, showing all of the people starting to shuffle and make their way out of the building but not finding a fire, "I can't find it, sir."

Richard turns his attention back to Damon, "Ah. Is this your doing then?" Richard's brown eyes met Damon's, "Too bad it won't work."

He makes his way to the door, "No one leaves this lab and prepare for an attack. T.E.R.A. may have to go into lockdown."

He leaves the room to deal with the chaos in the building as the people in the lab look around each other, worry across their faces. They didn't want to get burned alive if there was a fire, but if there wasn't, then should they disobey a direct order?

Chester glares at the scientists, "You heard him. Keep working."

They flinched a bit at the tone in Chester's voice but did as they were told. Ovall gave Zoey strong painkillers for the pain and began patching up her wounds. She barely felt anything. They were making her groggy, but she was still awake.

The loud blaring of the fire alarm still echoed off the walls in the room as Chester pulled out his tranquilizer. Director Cross did say they had to prepare for an attack, and the only soldier in the room at the moment was him. The others weren't going to help him much, but he still had a job to do.

The one-way glass shattered at that moment. A bullet flies through it, causing all of them to cower down in cover, including Chester. He peeked over the side of one of the computers to see if he could see who their attacker was on the other side of the glass, but all he saw was the quiet hallway. He slowly got up from his cover and went to the door, his tranquilizer gun front and center.

Damon looked up from the floor, curious about all the chaos around them. Especially the bullet that flew through the window. Was someone there to help them right now? It couldn't be, could it? No one in his pack would dare attack T.E.R.A. it would be suicide, but someone was here. He could hear the rapid heartbeat of someone else besides the six people in the room, but they weren't a werewolf. They were human.

Chester tried to focus on any noises past the blaring of the fire alarm but couldn't hear anything, so he slowly opened the big heavy and metal tungsten door to the lab and came face to face with a fist. Chester got knocked cold by the man on the other side of the door with his gun cocked high, "Alright. If you guys don't want to end up like him here, I suggest you leave." The dirty blonde man aimed his gun at the four people still in the room.

The familiar voice had Zoey's ears perk up. Was that Michael? She looked in the direction she heard him and smiled when her blurry vision happened to his face. It was him.

Damon's eyes looked up in confusion to see the man that Zoey had gone to visit consistently. What was he doing here? What was his name again, Michael? He was a T.E.R.A. agent, wasn't he?

Michael carefully moves away from the door to give them access to leave while keeping his gun on them, "I don't want to shoot anyone, but I will so get out."

The four people in the room put their arms up in self-preservation and slowly made their way to the door. When they did, they ran out of the room and down the hall, trying to escape the madman with the gun and the possible fire in the building.

Michael quickly holsters his gun and runs to Zoey's side. Dread crossing his face, "Jesus Christ. What did they do to you, Zoe?"

He could see multiple burn marks across her skin, some on her abdomen and some on her arms, and the good black eye she had on her face. They had done her good, and for what, for associating with them. He did best to control his anger when Zoey weakly smiled at him and rasped out, "And what's your excuse? What took you so long?"