Chapter Thirty-One: Punches & Parties

The sound of the doorbell ringing made Cal spring up from her bed and rush down the stairs. Amanda made her go up to her room so Sam didn't get any choice but to do homework but now that Robby was here she was hoping that would help smooth things over.
"Hey, Anthony."
"Oh, it's you." Anthony walks off disappointed before Cal rushes over, hugging Robby tightly.
"Hey, hey, you okay?"
"Yeah. Yeah I am." Cal smiles, giving him a kiss.

"Hey Robby, what's going on?" Amanda smiles at the two.
"Hey Mrs. L. Um Mr. LaRusso told me to come over to train with him and Cal the other day? He out back?"
"Uh, no. He's out all day, dealing with the, uh... you know what? Nevermind. Come on in. You can wait for him here." Amanda smiles at the two before walking back towards the kitchen.

"Let me check on Sam, you can head up to my room." Robby nods, pecking her lips and hopping up the steps leaving Cal to walk over to the kitchen, picking up her feet faster the second she hears Amanda yell "hey!"
"Don't even think about it!" Cal rounds the corner spotting Sam's irritated expression coming towards her.
"How's it going?" She questions with clenched teeth.
"I am a prisoner. Gotta get out of here." Sam sighs before turning heel and walking away.

"Ignore her, go hang out with your boyfriend... with the door open please." Amanda adds.
"Of course." Cal nods, hightailing it to her room to find Robby hanging out on her bed, rifling through a teeny bopper magazine.
"Do you actually read this shit?"
"I mostly do it for the horoscopes in the back and the embarrassing stories."
"What's your sign?"
"Taurus."
"That means your birthday's coming up!"

"First birthday where I don't have to look over my shoulder anytime I want to celebrate with a piece of cake or get a sticker from a gumball machine as a present."
"She got you stickers?"
"No, after my dad died I couldn't work so the people at the hospital would get me gifts but Maria would always take them and sell them for drug and alcohol money. So, I would find loose change and get myself a shitty sticker as a present."
"Well, what do you want for your birthday? Remember I make minimum wage."
Cal laughs, "Just you here with me. That's all I want... and maybe for Sam to not be totally miserable anymore."
"We could do a jail break?"
"Yeah? What do you propose?"

-

"Aunt Amanda?" Cal says softly, holding Robby up by his waist as he limps along.
"Robby, what happened? Are you okay?" She asks him worriedly.
"Yeah, yeah. I twisted my ankle after getting caught in one of Cal's woven blanket thingies."
"It was a crochet blanket and you shouldn't have jumped off my bed!"
"Anyway, I should be fine. I just may have a hard time on my skateboard."
"I don't know when Daniel's gonna be back, but I'm sure Cal could give you a ride home?"
"I feel kind of responsible so I wanted to be able to monitor the swelling. Never know when it could get to be the size of a golf ball."

"But we know you have those reports to finish, so we can wait." Robby winces again and Amanda looks over her shoulder, "oh don't even worry about it. Sam?" She yells.
"Yes, warden?" Sam says sarcastically, walking into the dining room.
"Yeah?"
"Robby sprained his ankle and Cal wants to look after him to monitor his swelling, so he needs a ride home. So just drop them off and come right back. Okay?"
"Yeah..." Sam looks to Cal confusedly, "Uh, sure. Okay. Come on." Sam motions for them to follow her.

Robby grabs his board against the door, walking out with Sam looking back to him and Cal.
"Do you guys need some help?"
"No, I just need to walk it off." He groans, before doing a little hop, dropping his arm from around Cal's shoulders to her waist with a smile.
"Haha!"
"Oh, there it is... guess he just needed some fresh air!" Cal comments watching a wide grin fall over Sam's mouth.
"All better." Robby confirms with a cheeky smile.

"Wait... wait... did you just pull a Keyser Söze?"
"You said you were a prisoner, so we figured we'd break you out?"
"Oh my god I love you!" Sam says excitedly, grabbing Cal and hugging her.
"Still no phone, but I'll make up an excuse for you for a bit so you can go see Miguel. Demetri said there's a party in the canyon tonight?"
"I can't believe you! Oh my god, I love you both. I will not forget this!" Sam heads to her car before turning around, "Do you maybe... want to come?"
Cal turns to Robby who shrugs, "Whatever you want flower."
"Party could be fun. But Sam you cannot drink, you're in enough trouble as it is."
"I will be so stone cold sober it's not even funny!" Sam smiles, jumping up and down.
"Well if that's the case then let's get going!"