Chapter Thirty-Seven: The LaRusso Name

Content warning: language, fluff, bit of angst, nudity, making out, showering together, brief mention of the concept of virginity, body image issues, innocence, Robby is finally not being a dickhead!!

-

"Ready Cal?" Robby smiles, holding her hand.
"Yeah." Cal smiles back, giving him a soft kiss.
"Okay, sign here and here, Miss." The solicitor grins, watching the the family around the couple buzzing with excitement.
"Initial here and here. And then one more signature here." Cal finishes signing and looks around at everyone, all of them smiling widely.

"Congratulations. You are now Calanthe Luna Guerrero-LaRusso." Everyone cheers, Sam and Robby smashing Cal in a hug making her laugh.
"You'll have to go through all the necessary organizations to get your social security number, driver's license and legal papers to all reflect the name change within the next three months. I would go to social security first since that tends to take the longest. Best of luck to you." The man shakes Cal's hand, letting the family go back to their day of celebration.

"It's official! You've always been family Cal, but now you have a little piece of paper to prove it!" Amanda says cheerily, giving her a hug.
"We are now officially outnumbered by the women." Daniel chuckles, squeezing Cal's shoulder.
"Hey, at least we have Robby at the house!" Anthony chuckles.
"We have two male karate masters and two female karate masters in the house so at least that's even!" Sam laughs.

-

Cal, Amanda, and Robby went to the social security office with the name change to get that started before heading to the DMV to do the same.
"Well, sorry for the boredom Robby." Amanda smiles.
"It's all right Mrs. LaRusso. I wanted to be here for Cal." Robby assures her, kissing Cal's head.
"Well, now that we have done all of the logistics, let's head back for the party."
"Party?" Cal cocks her head, watching Amanda's eyes widen.
"Shit! It was supposed to be a surprise! You both need to act completely in awe when we open the door okay? Sam worked really hard on this!"
"Understood." Cal smiles, nodding.

-

"Uh dad... why is Eli here?" Sam seethes, grabbing her father's arm.
"I don't know which one that is. I just used the names from the friends you and mom told me about!"
"Eli literally ripped Robby's arm from his socket!"
"Oh shit, he's here?!" Daniel peeked out from the kitchen spying the Mohawk, something he completely missed the first go around.
"Okay how do we politely kick him out?"

The opening of the door and loud "surprise" stops their rushing thoughts. Both LaRussos step out into the living room, worried smiles being shared as Cal hugs Aisha and then Moon, still having not seen Eli who was against the wall with a can of pop. But Robby definitely saw him judging by his raised shoulders and clenched jaw, making Sam quickly step in front of Eli to stop any fight from coming to fruition.

"Robby, we didn't mean to invite him. My dad used her socials and the people my mom called when Cal went missing before the match. He called Eli because they were friends back then. I promise it was just a mistake, a silly stupid mistake." Sam attempts to mediate.
"I don't want to make this about anyone but Cal, Sam. I need someone to get him out of here, quietly... because if I try to do it... I'll hit him." Sam nods in understanding.
"I'm going to keep Cal away from him. Cal said when she saw him next she would hit him, so let's not have her go to juvie on the day she got the LaRusso name." Sam nods again, turning to go to Eli while Robby shakes it off and goes to Cal. Who is animatedly talking to Demetri with her back turned, something Demetri must have done in response to Eli's presence, judging by his wide eyes at the swift movements of Robby.

"Hey Guerrero-LaRusso." Robby kisses her cheek, wrapping his arms around her waist so she can't turn around.
"Hey lovey. I was just telling Demetri about Miyagi-Do!"
"Yeah she's trying to get me to join."
"You should. It's really fun. Cal's like an honorary sensei!"
"It's only because I own half of the grounds." Cal laughs.
"Wait what?"
"Oh shit! That's the other legal thing I have to change!" Cal turns around quickly in Robby's arms, his focus having been broken at the sudden admission. Her eyes flit around the room to look for Daniel, only stopping when she finds Sam, Aisha, and a fucking Mohawk.