Chapter Forty-Six: Reconstruction

"It's gonna be a long day..." Cal sighs, grabbing a trash bag and starting to throw out the toilet paper strewn across the lawn and throughout the trees.
"You don't have to do this Cal. I won't force you." Daniel says softly.
"You're not forcing me. I love this place. It holds so many good memories, so much change and growth. I'm cleaning it so you and I can get back to that place, the place that reminded us of all Mr. Miyagi did and continues to do despite not being here... and it makes me feel closer to my dad when I'm here." Cal explains, shrugging her shoulders.
"Makes me feel closer to both of them too." Daniel smiles at her.

-

"You did not say that to my dad... to Kreese?! Are you insane flower?" Robby whisper yells in her room, pacing at the foot of the bed.
"Was I wrong?"
"No! But I mean... what if they try to hurt you? What if Kreese tries to hurt you? I don't think my dad will, he may be a total asshole but he's not a woman beater. Kreese on the other hand..."
"Kreese won't lay a finger on me if he knows what's good for him. And even if he doesn't, I have zero qualms with sending his ass to a retirement home a bit early."
"Promise me that you won't seek either of them out on your own? Promise me that, please." Robby begs, taking one of her hands in his own.
"I promise. I'm not going to go looking for trouble, but if it finds me... I'm not going to take it laying down."
"And you'll call me if you can."
Cal giggles, nodding, "And I will call you if you aren't already with me."
"Thank you." Robby breathes out a sigh of relief, giving her a soft kiss.

"Now bed. There's still a lot to do at the dojo."
"Gonna be another long day huh?"
"Yep. But it'll be worth it to have it back in its former glory."
"Your dad was trained there, wasn't he?" Robby asks softly as he climbs into the bed, wrapping his arms around her.
"Yeah, Mr. Miyagi saw how... well he said weak but I know Mr. Miyagi wouldn't use that word, so my guess is he said something about how he was unable to properly defend himself. Uncle Danny brought him in after he got out of the hospital. Mr. Miyagi made him feel safe, made him feel secure in himself and his abilities. He said the dojo reminded him of a time where he was brave and true to himself."

"It really meant a lot to him huh?"
"Yeah. Mr. Miyagi was more than a sensei, he was a friend, a confidant, a hero. He was like a father to Daniel and my dad. He molded them into who they are today and I never even got to thank him for it."
"He knew. He knew how grateful you all were."
"I hope so."

-

"You think us four can get this gigantic stone upright again?" Demetri scoffs, looking between the four.
"Yes, just don't lift with your bloody back!" Cal laughs.
"All right. Demetri since you seem to think this is impossible I want you lifting the top, Sam and I will lift the left side and Robby the right. Worst comes to worst we get something to put underneath and use it's own weight to get it standing again."
"Why can't I help with the plants?" Demetri whines.
"Because you need to do some manual labor, it's good for you. All right, ready?" Cal looks around the stone, watching them all nod, albeit reluctantly, "Okay, lift with your knees not your back. Feet shoulder width apart, don't twist when you lift. Ready, in three, two, one." They all grunt lifting the stone maybe a single inch and most of that was on Robby's side.

"Are you guys even lifting? Because I feel like I'm doing nothing here."
Robby throws his hand up in defeat, "Forget it, all right? It's too heavy. We're either gonna need a forklift or someone who knows physics to lift it."
"How did they even knock it over?" Sam questions irritatedly.
"It's a lot easier to knock something down than it is to lift it up." Cal explains with a shrug.
"Don't worry. We'll get it up again." Daniel assures them, sprucing up the plants a bit more.

"Uh... excuse me?" Everyone turns to face the sound, coming across one of the thugs that was at the mall, who's flanked by about four more kids all of varying ages, all of which Cal had seen at Cobra Kai.
"Is this Miyagi-Do?"
"Yeah." Daniel starts to stand, eyeballing Robby coming in hot with Cal on his tail.
"Come back for another beating?" Robby seethes. Cal grips his wrist trying to pull him away.