Chapter Fifty-One: House Party

"So what's going on with you and Sam?" Moon asks over the phone.
"I tried to be Switzerland and failed miserably." Cal sighs.
"She said you took her bully's side?"
"No, no, I didn't! I tried to explain why she was acting how she was. I, also, told her that going down to her level isn't who Sam is nor who she should be and she saw that as a personal attack, which it really wasn't."

"You know her bully?"
"From when I lived in New Mexico. She's... rough around the edges. She can be mean and rude and spiteful, I don't want Sam to become like that."
"Sounds like she's Yasmin lite."
"Honestly, yeah, kind of. Well minus the money and add a tragic backstory. Anyway, I'm just going to keep them away from each other. As long as they aren't together, they can't fight."
"That's probably wise... for the record, I didn't think you were taking her bully's side, you're too nice for that. My guess was you were just impassioned and tried to get her to see the light and she couldn't because she's upset. You were kind to me when I was with Yasmin... and when I was with Eli. I didn't think you'd do a complete 180 and turn into a total..."
"Bitch?"
"You said it, not me!" Cal laughs, nodding her head.

She smiles as Robby comes through the door, closing it and laying down on her bed with a huff.
"I gotta go babes. But text me yeah?"
"Yeah of course! Oh! Wait! I'm having a party tonight! You and Robby should come! There's someone I want you to meet!"
"Let me talk to him and I'll get back to you okay?"
"Okay! Love ya!"
"Love ya too!" Cal giggles, hanging up the phone before falling beside Robby in her bed.

"How did it go?"
"Honestly? Better than I thought. Thanks for letting me use your car to drive her back."
"Of course! I'm glad she's getting help and that should be rewarded. I can tell she really does love you, she's just lost."
"Yeah, I can see that better now." Robby nods, giving her a small grin.

"Who was on the phone? Do I have competition?" He teases, grabbing her waist and pulling her over his body.
"You? Never! It was Moon. She talked to Sam and wanted my side. She also invited us to a party, though I don't know if that's something you're up for?"
"You don't drink right?"
"Nope, don't drink, don't do drugs."
"Then I'm game. I just didn't want to be worrying about you the whole time."
"Think you've had enough worrying for your lifetime love."
"Can't argue with that." Robby chuckles, giving her a soft kiss.

The two are withdrawn from the kiss by their phones vibrating. Cal gets to hers first, opening her phone to find that Sam had texted the Miyagi-Do group chat about the party and nearly everyone was going to be coming, judging by the quick replies.
"Should I tell them we're coming?" Robby asks softly.
"Yeah, I need to change." Cal laughs, looking at her leggings and tank top clad body.
"Might be a good idea for both of us." Robby chuckles along.

-

"You sure you want to go?" Cal asks softly as they pull into Moon's house, already seeing the amount of teenagers with red solo cups as concerning.
"We'll be fine flower. We don't drink." Robby reassures her, patting her hand on the gear shift.
"Okay." Cal nods, parking the car and hopping out with Robby in tow, the rest of Miyagi-Do not far behind them as Chris had offered to drive them.

They finally all meet up around Sam's car.
"You sure you're up for this? With your mom and everything?" Sam asks Robby in a hushed whisper.
"Definitely. I could use the distraction." He nods.
"There's a lot of people out here already." Chris notices nervously.
"Yeah." Cal nods.
"I guess Moon must have invited other kids from school." Sam shrugs.
"I only brought Trivial Pursuit. If I'd known there's be this many people, I would've brought Balderdash!" Demetri laments as they walk up to the door, quickly passing through and into the raucous partying.