Chapter Fifty: Tigers & Chameleons

"Morning." Robby smiles as Cal turns over to face him in bed.
"Morning." Cal sighs, throwing an arm over his waist and snuggling further into him.
"No more abuela."
"No more abuela." Cal giggles, leaning up to give him a soft kiss.
"Weak sauce, flower." Cal laughs, shaking her head at his antics before pushing him back down into the pillow and molding her body to his own as their lips connect. She smiles into the kiss, feeling his arm wrap around her waist while the other holds her cheek. Cal's hands drag over his torso before they find his jaw, holding him to her. She disconnects their lips, panting.
"Sorry." Robby apologizes, making Cal shake her head.
"Don't be. I was just getting too hot." Cal smirks as she lifts her shirt over her head, leaving her top half bare.
"I love summer." Robby admits cheekily before he's flipping them over with a soft squeal from Cal.

-

"Has she said anything to you yet?" Robby asks softly as they walk down the steps toward the kitchen.
"No... you?"
"No... She'll come around flower. You're sisters." Robby kisses the crown of her head softly.
"Thanks." Cal smiles, squeezing the hand that had found her own.
"Course. Always here for you."

"Hey kids!" Amanda smiles, waving at the two from the island.
"Hey aunt Amanda, where's Sam?"
"She didn't tell you? She's at the beach! Something to do with trying kata somewhere new."
"Oh..." Cal's smile deflates, something Amanda takes notice of.
"What's going on?" 
"I... I messed up. I didn't let her fix her own problem and I ragged on her for it."
"Hey, you didn't. You just... you're Switzerland! You try to see both sides and you know her and you know who she was arguing with. You just wanted to help." Robby explains.
"Sounds like it's just a misunderstanding. She knows you Cal, just give her some time." Amanda offers a small smile, rubbing her shoulder.

Cal nods before jumping at the sound of her ringtone. She holds the phone with an odd look before answering, "I'll be right back." Amanda and Robby nod, watching her walk out into the backyard.

"Tory?"
"Cal, hey, uh... I'm sorry."
"Tory, I'm not the one that deserves an apology."
"No, not for that. For... for being a dick, for lack of a better word. You were always good to me, and to my brother and my mom. I'm sorry that I wasn't good to you and I'm sorry I'm feuding with your sister now. But... I can't let this one go. I know you want me to be the better person, but I can't right now."
"Then I'm just going to keep you two away from each other so this'll fizzle out."
"Probably wise... for the record, I did miss you."
"I missed you too. Named a stuffed tiger after you." Tory laughs heartily at that, smiling.
"Don't tell anyone but I have a chameleon stuffie I named Cal."
"Your secret is safe with me." Cal giggles.
"Thank you. I know they always are... I'd rather people not know about my mom... just don't want the pity."
"I understand. I won't say a word."
"Thanks."
"You're welcome."

The two say their goodbyes before Cal comes back in to the home with a smile.
"Sam come around?"
"Other party did. I'm just going to keep them away from each other."
"Wise." Robby comments, gesturing to her with his spoon.
"Anything I need to worry about?" Amanda asks nervously.
"Nope. Nothing you need to worry about. Promise." Cal smiles, pulling up a spot next to Robby and grabbing the Cheerios.

"You three are running Miyagi-Do today right?" Amanda checks.
"Yes ma'am. Three OGs with the newbies!" Cal giggles.
"How's that been going?"
"Good! Uncle Danny's a great teacher. He laid the groundwork, we just do the upkeep."
"And it's not too much for you? I know you two probably want some time alone."
"We have time alone, and we're happy." Robby smiles at Cal who gives him a kiss on the cheek in agreement.
"Cute." Amanda smiles, watching the two love struck teens.

"We should get going flower. We told everyone to be there at 10."
"Oh shoot!" Cal exclaims, grabbing her phone to see "9:45" staring back at her.
"Is it okay if we do our dishes when we get back?"
"That's fine, you two go." Amanda laughs, shooing them away.
"Thanks Aunt Amanda!" Cal quickly puts their dishes in sink before grabbing her bag and taking Robby's outstretched hand as they rush to the car.