🍉 𝐄𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐩𝐞 𝐈𝐈: 𝐑𝐚𝐲 🍉

🍉

◤     Part II     ◢

◤     Slight Gore/Blood     ◢

🍉

You were walking back the Bunker with a wagon full of watermelon, a plant you found and love. You read about it before you escaped but seeing it in person was way better than you thought. You always kept the seeds when harvest season came around. You love this plant.

After escaping a year ago, you found a place to live with a man-- who he names himself "Mister"-- in a bunker called "B06-32." It's not too bad of a place. The only thing that surprised you was that Mister allowed you to live with him. You had somehow convinced him that you would find the food and get the water. In return, he would give you food and shelter. Soon enough, you two became friends in a short time.

One of your favorite things about the bunker is that there was a library with so many creative books from the outside world. It was probably the best room out of all the rooms, despite the only room that you could cope around without even getting bored, well, sometimes.

Once you put prepared a plate of sliced watermelons after putting them down, you go to Mister's office as you realized his door made a crack. That's weird, he usually never leaves his door open. There were also new voices that seemed familiar to you. Quietly opening the door, you find your orphan family right here in front of you. Well, most of them. Kids no younger than 5 were present. You looked at everyone's face, still not realizing your quiet state was here.

Then you saw Mister putting a gun at Emma's head, arm wrapped around her neck. Mister's furious, yet smirky face soon soften in shock when he finds you present with them, soon dropping a plate full of good food. Everyone soon followed the sound that got them looking back at what Mister was staring at. Emma soon realizes who you are.

"Y/n! You're here!" Emma glees happily.

"Y/n."

You turned to a familiar raven head boy, you find him a bit taller, more mature, and very tired and dirty. Everyone did, but it looked like he was about to cry. Luckily, he kept it up as he remembered that his family was here.

Looking back at Mister, he chuckles pathetically as he finds that you were their family as well.

"It seems like your little group joined into your escape party," Mister says.

🍉

After everything was settled down, you watch the children play as you only stood by the front porch pole. Since everybody didn't trust the old man, they put him into a tape strap on a table. You tried reasoning, but with over more than 10 children against you, you couldn't win over them.

You heard footsteps behind you as you didn't turn to who it was.

"How long have you been here?"

Ray stares at you.