"𝐨𝐡, 𝐒𝐇𝐄'𝐒 𝐚 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐟𝐞𝐜𝐭?"

--☄︎. *. ⋆·˚ ༘ * --
𝕬𝖚𝖌𝖚𝖘𝖙 29, 1975

"So, what do you want for your birthday?" Wally asked peering over the book Amira was reading. She was always reading, so her family was quite shocked when she ended up in Hufflepuff. Muggle books were her favourite, they seemed so much more real than what wizard authors wrote.

"Absolutely nothing Wally." She said, not bothering to look up from her book, knowing Wally would be giving her his signature puppy dog eyes.

"Oh c'mon Muz, you must want something!" Amos exclaimed from her right. She shook her head.

"You all ask me the same thing every year, a month before my birthday. Always the same question and I always give you the same answer, I-"

"Yeah, yeah, we know. All you want for your birthday is to spend the day with us." Ted finished for her. She smiled and looked at her friends, sprawled all over her bedroom. Amos was spread out on her bed. Wally was sitting on the floor and Teddy was at her desk, writing in the prank journal.

"Precisely! Yet, you all get me something anyway and I always appreciate it but I will always remind that you lot are enough!" Amira beamed at her friends. Wally's hair turned a bright red. Ted gave her a goofy grin and Amos just rested his head on her knee.

"Wuthering Heights? What kind of Muggle book are you reading??" Amos laughed examining the cover.

"It's a very nice book, it's a about a man who becomes obsessed with vengeance when his 'soulmate' marries another man." Amos continued to look baffled. Ted frowned, "Why would you want to read that?" he questioned.

"I'm a hopeless romantic, hoping for a happy ending." Amira shrugged at him. They suddenly all turned when they hear a screech coming from Amira's window.

"That's funny, I wasn't expecting a letter today." Amira stood up and opened her window for the small barn owl. He flew up and dropped the letters in her hand before flying off.

"and it's from Hogwarts!" they ripped open the letter.

𝙳𝚎𝚊𝚛 𝙼𝚜. 𝙰𝚖𝚒𝚛𝚊 𝙼𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚘𝚠𝚜,
𝙸𝚝 𝚒𝚜 𝚖𝚢 𝚙𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚞𝚛𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚒𝚗𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚖 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝚖𝚊𝚍𝚎 𝙷𝚞𝚏𝚏𝚕𝚎𝚙𝚞𝚏𝚏 𝚙𝚛𝚎𝚏𝚎𝚌𝚝. 𝙾𝚗𝚌𝚎 𝚘𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝙷𝚘𝚐𝚠𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚜 𝙴𝚡𝚙𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚜, 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚋𝚎 𝚛𝚎𝚚𝚞𝚒𝚛𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚛𝚎𝚙𝚘𝚛𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝙿𝚛𝚎𝚏𝚎𝚌𝚝𝚜 𝙲𝚘𝚖𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚋𝚎𝚐𝚊𝚗 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚍𝚞𝚝𝚒𝚎𝚜! 𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚒𝚜 𝚊𝚗 𝚒𝚗𝚌𝚛𝚎𝚍𝚒𝚋𝚕𝚎 𝚑𝚘𝚗𝚘𝚞𝚛.

𝓟𝓸𝓶𝓸𝓷𝓪 𝓢𝓹𝓻𝓸𝓾𝓽
𝙷𝚞𝚏𝚏𝚕𝚎𝚙𝚞𝚏𝚏 𝙷𝚎𝚊𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝙷𝚘𝚞𝚜𝚎

"I'M A PREFECT!!" Amira jumps into Ted's open arms and he lifts her up. Wally and Amos started clapping and hollering!
"That's my sister!!!" Amos wipes his fake tears.
"Our sister!" Wally scowls.
"Would the both of you shut it?" Ted laughed at their remarks. Amira pulled away from him and looked at the group, they had always been close, ever since they met each other in their first year. They were all inseparable, even going as far as becoming animagi to be with Wally on full moons. As far as they were all concerned, they were siblings. Nothing could change that.

Amira started heading towards the door.
"Where are you headed?" Amos questioned. Without turning around she said, "to tell my parents, duh."

With that, the Scavengers all rushed down the stairs to find Sherman and Alice Meadows sitting in the family room, sipping tea and reading.
"MUM! DAD! I'VE GOT BRILLIANT NEWS!" Amira beamed as she handed her parents the letter. After a minute of silence, Alice screamed and Sherman pulled Ted and Amira into a bear hug.
"IM SO PROUD OF YOU! OH MY LITTLE GIRL AND HER ADOPTIVE BROTHER! PREFECTS! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT AL???" Sherman beamed at his wife and she joined the hug, soon enough so did Amos and Wally.

"What is going on?" a voice called from the doorway. Wally's hair turned a bright pink and so did his cheeks.
"You sister and Teddy are prefects." he explained, a nervousness could be heard in his voice to anyone who noticed.
"oh, SHE'S a perfect?" Simon Meadows questioned. His pine green eyes twitched in amusement. He ran a hand through his chin length brown hair. "No offense Mir, but I never thought you would be perfect!" Simon walked over and hugged his little sister.

Amira rolled her eyes at her brother, "Nice to know you thought so highly of me," she muttered into his chest.

"Not my fault, you're always on some adventure."

"What's life without a little fun?"

--☄︎. *. ⋆·˚ ༘ * --