𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠

--☄︎. *. ⋆·˚ ༘ * --

It had been a while since the fiasco with Matthias. Amira would see him in the hallways with his friends and he would avoid her most of the time. He would act as if she had the plague and honestly, she didn't blame him. Amira often thought herself to be insufferable.

Which didn't bother the Hufflepuff, at least, not really. Amira had spent her day focusing on someone else. It felt odd, to care so much about what Remus or anyone else thought. But as she curled her hair and pinned it back, she wondered if Remus would think she looked pretty with her hair like this.

It was utterly ridiculous of course, Amira had never cared for her looks. It's not that she didn't want to look presentable, she just felt like they were more important things to a person.

But as she continued to curl her hair and parted it, her morals about beauty and personality, were thrown out the window. Now this most certainly wasn't a study date but it sure felt like one. All of the stolen glances and the hugs jumbled inside of Amira's head, her stomach changed in anticipation for what the night had to hold.

Once Amira was set she left for the Room of Requirement. Well, at least for general direction. She had told famous to wait for her by the library, and that from that they would go to work on the potion.

Amira walked towards the library, stopping to fix her curls ever once in a while. She was just down the hallway when she saw her favourite familiar figure, leaning against the wall and reading.

"Hello Remus." she finally mustered. Remus looked up and closed his book.

"'Ello Ames. Oh, your hair looks nice." Remus said with a lopsided smile, gently gesturing to her hair.

Amira was sure she was blushing, "Oh, thank you. I just wanted to try something new."

Remus caught himself staring and cleared his throat, "It looks, really.... really nice."

They stood there for a while, staring at each other until Amira looked away, she gestured forward "Shall we?"

~

It didn't take them long to reach the Room of Requirement. And apparently Remus knew of it since he didn't question the entry.

Once they stepped foot inside, the fire that warmed the cauldrons made it unnecessary to wear a sweater.

"Well this is cozy." Remus smiled as he stepped forward.

"Certainly. It's cozier than the Hufflepuff Common Room."

"Nothin' beats Gryffindor though."

"If I recall correctly, Ravenclaw did last week." Amira smirked.

"Oof, low blow." Remus clutched his heart in dramatic fashion. Someone's been spending too much time with Sirius.

"You asked for it, Lupin."

Remus chuckled as he reached for a seat in front of the cauldron, "Let's get started, Meadows." He smirked at that last bit.

~

Truth be told, they didn't get much done. They had started the basic process of the potion. But after a while, they sat there and talked.

Amira got up after a while to stretch her legs, she hummed, thinking. "What's your favourite season?"

Remus didn't even have to think about it, "Fall."

"You call it 'Fall'?"

"Well yea, doesn't everyone?" Remus tilted his head at her.

"It's Autumn!" Amira exclaimed.

"Same thing. What's yours?"

Amira stopped walking to think, "Definitely Spring." She sat down on the rug by the fireplace that had appeared once the fire from the cauldrons ran out.

Remus stood up to join her on the rug, he sat and looked at her. "Yeah, I see it."

Amira giggled, "And it's not because I'm a Hufflepuff."

"I know, but it suits you so well." Remus cocked his head to side.

"You have freckles." Amira whispered, lifting her finger to touch Remus' face.

Remus leans into her touch, he hadn't realized until now how fast his heart had been beating. "I'm pretty sure I get them from my mum."

"They're beautiful." Amira murmurs. It seems now they're only inches apart. The sound of running heartbeats running over the crackling of the fire.

"You're beautiful." Remus whispers, afraid to break the atmosphere.

Amira's voice catches in her throat, she feels rooted to her spot.

Remus tucks a stray hair behind her ear, his eyes raking across her face, "Can I kiss you?"

Amira doesn't respond, she leans in and cups Remus' face. He tasted heavily of chocolate and his lips were just as soft as she imagined.

Remus had a hand on her back, tracing circles on the hem of her shirt. The kiss felt desperate but it was soft and delicate. Remus tangles his other hand in her hair. Desperate to escape his reality in her curls.

But then he remembers. Remus remembers this can't go anywhere because of what he is. She'll never love him. And he can't...

Remus pushes Amira away softly. Amira keeps her eyes closed for a bit and then she opens them. Remus scrambles up.

"I'm sorry, we shouldn't...I can't. I'm sorry." He rushes out his words and grabs his things.

Before Amira can ask what he means, Remus is gone.

The room doesn't feel as warm to Amira anymore.

--☄︎. *. ⋆·˚ ༘ * --

[➼ writer speaks]
DON'T HATE ME! IM SORRY, IT HAD TO BE DONE.