𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐛𝐫𝐚𝐫𝐲

--☄︎. *. ⋆·˚ ༘ * --

Amira felt light again, like she could breathe and for once the air wouldn't be contaminated. She was glad that she had Ted and Amos back. After they departed the Astronomy Tower, Ted said he needed to head to the library. Amira stayed behind with Amos and Wally for a bit before deciding she should go to the library as well.

Madam Prince greeted her with a smile, Amira smiled back. She felt that the ol' librarian was only unkind to the rowdy bunch. Seeing as Amira wasn't like that, she was always greeted with a smile. She walked over to the tables near the back and in one of the secluded tables, she found someone who inhabited the library quite often.

"'Ello Remus, mind if I sit?" She smiled down at the Marauder and he forgot how to speak. They saw each other regularly in class or for prefect duty but he never got less nervous around the Hufflepuff.

"Oh uh, y-yeah. Go right ahead." He gestured to the empty seat in front of him. Amira said a quick 'thank you' and took out her Herbology notes and a fresh piece of parchment. She got to work. After a few minutes, she broke the silence.

"How's your day?" She looked up and saw he was already looking at her. He looked down, hoping she wouldn't see the blush that was creeping on his face.

"It s'alright, I got an O on my potions essay which I'm surprised about. Got wacked upside the head by Sirius couple a times. Nothin' too exciting, I s'pose." He looked up to her staring at him with a soft smile. The corners of her eyes were wrinkled and he couldn't help but notice her dimples. He hadn't realized he was staring until she cleared her throat.

"Why would you be surprised about getting an O? You're brilliant." He felt a boost of pride at her words. She thought he was smart!

"I dunno, figured I did somethin' wrong. Slughorn's always saying people can improve."

"Yes but you're REMUS LUPIN. You're smarter than half of the guys at Hogwarts. I wouldn't be surprised if you became Minister of Magic."

"Rubbish! I highly doubt they would get a bloke like me for Minster."

She shook her head and continued reading, "What do you mean? You'd be brilliant. You've got my vote, that's for sure." She winked at him, and quickly became flustered when she realized what she had done. Had she looked up, she would've seen Remus blushing as well.

"How was your day?" He finally asked after a couple minutes of silence.

"It was amazing! Ted and Amos are back in my good graces. And I've finished reading Dracula. Which reminds me! I need a new book to check out, want to join me in browsing the library?" She stood up and offered her hand. After chuckling at her eagerness, Remus took and she led him to the 'Muggle Writers' section. She was still holding Remus' hand but hadn't pulled away, Remus noticed this as well but didn't say a word. Her hand was warm and he didn't want to let go.

"What should I get?" She turned to him, considering he often read.
"Have you read Brave New World?" She nodded.

"What about.. Jane Eyre?"
"Yes, that one I've read as well."

"Crime and Punishment?"
"Yes."
"Moby Dick?"
"Yes."
"Frankenstein?"
"Yes."
"The Death of the Heart?"
"No, actually." She pulled out the book from the bookshelf and gasped when she looked through the opening it had left. She peered through and let go of Remus' hand.

"What? What is it?" He asked. She pulled him to her side and made him peer through the hole. There on the other side was Ted Tonks, making out with Andromeda Black. When he looked away, he was in shock. Amira looked surprised and covered her mouth with her hands.

"ANDROMEDA AND TED?" he whisper-shouted.

"RIGHT?"

"Never expected that if I'm honest."

"Me neither. I can't believe he didn't tell me." She muttered, then she pouted and Remus had to admit, it was awfully cute, "I mean, I'm practically his sister! I tell him all about my love life, not that I have one, but still! I would tell him."

"Maybe, he's keeping it quiet because of her sisters."

"Maybe.... c'mon," she grabbed his hand and dragged him to their table. She put her stuff in her bag and waited for him to do the same. Once he did, she looped his arm with his and walked out of the library.

"Where are we going?" He asked. He was trying to ignore the fluttering sensation he felt in his stomach when he was so close to her.

"We're going to go talk to Andromeda's best friend."

"And who might that be?"

"My dear 'ol brother."

--☄︎

--☄︎. *. ⋆·˚ ༘ * --