𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐠𝐨 𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞

--☄︎. *. ⋆·˚ ༘ * --

The Scavengers watched as Wally was taken to the Hospital Wing by Professor Slughorn. They applied some dittany on Amira's wounds and waited until the professors left to sneak inside.
They pulled out their wands and in a swirl, they chanted "abscondere corpus nostrum." Their bodies instantly became invisible to anyone who would pass them. They had created the charm in their 3rd year, but had started it in their 2nd year. Needless to say, the Scavengers felt a blast of pride everytime they used the charm.

Once they reached Wally's bed, they noticed another had their curtains closed and they knew it was him. With a flick of Ted's wand, the enchantments wore off.

"Oh Wally." Amira whispered upon seeing his wounds. Red and purple marks etched his face. Standing out from the ones that had already been there. Years of scars decorated his face like a splatter painting.

"He's going to be angry when he sees your scars Muzz." Amos whispered. Realization finally dawned on her when she realized that he would blame himself. Like he always did. A destructive cycle that they could never break.

"I know."
"We could blame the other werewolf."
"No, that would be unfair."
"He's going to blame himself."
"He should blame me, I stormed in. I was scared and I put myself in between himself."

After being silent for a few minutes, Ted finally said "he won't let you go out with us anymore."

"He can't stop me."

"He'll certainly try." Amos croaked. They were all shedding tears. They always felt like this after transformations. Useless.

"Guys?" Amira stumbled forward when she heard Wally croak.

"Yeah, we're here. We're here."

Wally lifted his hand to Amira's face, "What happened? Did I-? Oh Merlin! I DID THAT!"
"Keep your voice down!" Amos hissed.
"I did that! You could transform! You- why would you -" then his face turned stone cold, "you're not coming out anymore."
Amira furrowed her eyebrows, "you can't stop me!"
"Like hell I can't."
"Please " Amira pleaded.

Amos quickly stepped in, and said something that would shake the group to the very core, "it was the other one!"
Amira shot up, and grabbed Amos "Shut your mouth! What are you doing?!"
"Is this true?!" Wally turned to Ted.
Ted hesitated. Should he lie? What would this mean for them?
"Yes." Ted said quickly and Amira could feel herself go cold.

What are you doing? She sent to him.
Protecting Wally.

"I could kill him." Wally shook with anger.
"They're lying! It wasn't the other one?"
"So it was me?!"
"I-" Amira didn't know what to say. So instead, she ran out. Running wherever her feet would take her. Far away. She was hurt. Split. Defend the stranger or defend her brother?

Amos and Ted left shortly after, pulling out the map and casting the invisibility charm, hoping that Amira didn't do anything rash while they looked for her. Wally went back to sleep and the Marauders stood under the invisibility cloak outside of his cot. In shock because of what they had just heard.

~

The following day, everyone saw Amira walking alone and glum. She had gone to her dormitory for once. Needless to say, her roommates were shocked. She rarely ever showed up, always going to the Scavengers dorm and taking up permanent residence.

People stopped and stared at her scars. Pink scars, jagged and ugly. But they didn't say anything, fearing that the Scavengers or her scary Slytherin brother, Simon would be just around the corner waiting to hex them.

Remus noticed her scars in Charms and his breathing hitched. He knew those scars. He knew what caused those scars. He immediately raced after her when class was over.

"Hey Amira!" she froze and spun on her heel, her face relaxing when she saw Remus.
"Hello Remus."

"I don't mean to pry, but where did you get those scars?" She felt her heart stop. She hadn't thought of a cover up and she couldn't say the truth.

"I uh- my cat." She said simply. Remus knew this was a lie. He knew. Those were werewolf scars.

"Are you sure? They look bad?"
"Are you saying I look bad? Because if so, that's very rude. Besides I don't see how this is any of your business! They're cat scars. Stop pushing it! Geez!" Tears threatened to spill from her eyes and before she could walk off. Remus grabbed her arm and pulled her into a hug.

"I'm so sorry." He whispered. And she felt her heart deflate at having just screamed at him. She stifled sobs that threatened to break loose.

"You have nothing to apologize for."
Oh how very wrong she was, Remus thought. Oh how very wrong she was.

--☄︎. *. ⋆·˚ ༘ * --

W/N ~ NOOOO REMY BLAMES HIMSELF! I think it's quite sad that Amos blamed Remus. Wally now holds him accountable and Ted went along with the lie. What do you think? You think they did the right thing? What would you have done? Let me know.
I personally wouldn't have lied.