𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧

--☄︎. *. ⋆·˚ ༘ * --
Amira didn't care.

She truly didn't.

At least... that's what she told herself. But it was true!

It didn't matter to her that Remus wouldn't look her way anymore. Or that he wouldn't bat an eye in her direction.

Nope, that absolutely did not bother Amira.

She didn't care that he refused to meet up to work on the project afterwards and that she had to finish it by herself and turn it in to Slughorn. Sure, that was out of character for Remus. No matter how upset he was, he would never leave someone to do a group project. So maybe Amira had really messed up?

But she didn't care, not at all. In fact, she was so unbothered that she  did not cry when he left her in the Room if Requirement (she cried in the corridor once she left). She had forgotten about that day in fact. It's not like she would replay that moment in her head. She didn't ponder on the possibility that she was bad kisser. Amira definitely didn't care that he might've pulled a Sirius Black on her and kissed her for the thrill of it. Amira didn't care if Remus didn't feel the same way about her.

She was not bothered at all....

But maybe she was. Maybe Amira did lie awake at night and wonder why he ran off. Maybe Amira looked for him in the hallways now.

And she most certainly did.

Why would Remus run out on her like that? Was she that bad of a kisser? Did he use her?

Questions swirled in her head so fast she felt like she was watching an aggressively sped-up Quidditch match.

It had been 3 weeks and he refused to acknowledge her. The tension was noticable in her appearance. Bags started to form under her eyes and it took a very noticeable toll on the Hufflepuff.

Amira walked into the Great Hall and as usual looked over to the Gryffindor table. Only to again see Remus visibly ignoring her. She sighed and took a seat at the Hufflepuff table.

"Do you think I'm a bad kisser?" Amira turned to look at Ophelia who was currently sketching on the other side of the table.

Ophelia looked up, "No. Not at all." The nonchalaness of her voice captured the attention of her boyfriend.

Amos' head whipped around to Ophelia, "How would you know?!"

Ophelia raised an eyebrow at him "4th year. Slytherin party. Spin the bottle. Remember?"

Amos tilted his head up, as if thinking. He looked back at Ophelia "Nope."

Amira sighed and rested her head on her hand, "Amos wasn't there. He had Remedial Charms that year."

The memory suddenly rendered in Amos' head "YOU'RE RIGHT! Never falling behind in Charms ever again."

Ophelia rolled her eyes, "Idiot."

Amos pretended to pout "But I'm your idiot." Ophelia shook her head to hide her smile.

Amos suddenly registered the sadness radiating off his sister, he tilted his head at Amira "Muzz? What's wrong?"