𝐦𝐫. 𝐫𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐥𝐚𝐰

--☄︎. *. ⋆·˚ ༘ * --

When the Hogwarts Express rolled to a stop, the Scavengers hopped out. First Ted, then Amira, Wally and Amos. They walked towards the carriages, some first years stopping to admire them walk by. Amira waved to a few of them and Ted only chuckled. As they walked to the carriages, a similar group of four walked their direction. The Marauders.

Amira waved at Peter as they walked by. She smiled and nodded her head at the rest of them. She didn't know them very well but she wanted to be friendly. She caught herself staring at Remus Lupin though. She wasn't sure what it was but she was intrigued. It wasn't his scars or his baggy clothes. No, she was interested in his eyes and the way they shone in the moonlight. She snapped back to reality when Ted grabbed her hand gently and pulled her into the carriage. She didn't realize until she was sat, that the Marauders would be joining them on their carriage.

Remus sat across from Amira and she offered him a kind smile. A smile that Remus wasn't used to. Remus was used to the awkward fake smiles he got in the halls but, this was genuine. He offered a smile back.

"So Peter, how was your summer?" Ted asked politely. At the mention of his summer, Peter lit up.

"It was great Ted! I went to France with my parents and we got to see everything!"

"Well that's exciting! What was it like?" Amos leaned forward in interest.

"Grand. It was the magnifique." Peter said proudly. Amira beamed at his French.

"Ton accent est incroyable!" Amira told him. Amos laughed at Peter's growing red face. Amira took notice of this and looked down.

"Sorry, I got excited. But it's always been my dream to go to France! If you go again, you MUST send me a postcard!" Amira pleaded with the red-faced boy. Wally laughed at her happiness at the mention of France.

"Muzz, you're terrifying the poor boy." Wally giggled while shaking his head.

"I'm sorry Pete." Amira apologized to the boy.

"So, Peter tells us that you used to be his tutor." James turns to Amira and she smiles.

"Oh yes! Herbology. He didn't need much help though. He just needed confidence."

"You single-handedly turned my P to an E!" Peter interjected. Amira shook her head.

"That's our Amira, always one to he humble." Amos laughed. Everyone else joined in and soon enough, they arrived at the entrance of the castle. The Marauders were the first to get off, followed by the Scavengers. Amira tripped a bit getting off but was caught by someone. When she looked up, Remus was smiling down at her.

"Oh thank you Remus." she blushed at their closeness and stood up.

"No problem." He smiled at her as he went to join their friends headed to the Great Hall

--☄︎. *. ⋆·˚ ༘ * --

Once the Sorting Ceremony was over, their meals appeared. Wally immediately took this opportunity to talk about their pranks.

"Well we can't get caught, Teddy and I are perfects, we must set an example. And besides, I've got patrol tonight so no planning for me right now." Amira said as she took a bite out of her chicken leg.

"Who are you patrolling with tonight?" Ted asked and Amira handed over her time-table.

Monday - Matthias Winchester (alt. Cassandra Lively)
Tuesday - Edward Tonks (alt. Andromeda Black)
Wednesday - Mary Harold (alt. Remus Lupin)
Thursday - Lily Evans (alt. Severus Snape)
Friday - Remus Lupin (alt. Lily Evans)
Saturday - Remus Lupin (alt. Edgar Bones)
Sunday - Matthias Winchester (alt. Edward Tonks)

"You've got Lupin twice." He raised and eyebrow at her and she blushed.

"He's a perfect."

"What does it mean 'alt. Edward Tonks'?" Wally asked while stuffing his face with mashed potatoes.

"It means every other week I would patrol with Teddy on Sundays. Remus on Wednesdays and Evans on Friday and so on." Amira laughed at Wally who was eating as if his life depended on it.

"Well this whole prefect nonsense sounds boring." Amos shrugged. As Amira was about to speak, a finger tapped her shoulder. She turned around to find a nervous looking guy. He was tall, with brown eyes and curly hair. His skin was a nice tan and he was chewing on his bottom lip, nervously. She noticed his blue and bronze tie. Ravenclaw.

"Y-you're Amira Meadows? R-right?" He asked timidly. Amira smiled at him as to ease his nerves.

"You would be correct! And you are..?"

He stuck out his hand, "Matthias Winchester, but you can call me Matt. We're patrolling together tonight." Amira took his hand. She patted the seat next to her, "Please, sit." and he did just that.

~

"Who do you reckon Mr. Ravenclaw over there is?" Sirius said, nodding his head at the boy who had sat himself next to Amira.

"That's Matthias Winchester," James replied, taking a bite out of his Shepherd's pie, "He's Ravenclaw's Keeper."

"Looks like you've got competition Moony." Sirius smirked. Remus only stared at his book more intensely, re-reading the same line over and over again. He looked up at his friend and shook his head.

"I don't know what you mean, Pads"

"I mean, that we all saw the little display out there by the carriages. Your face was redder than our robes. There's no denying that." Sirius cocked an eyebrow at his friend.

"You're attracted to her Moony, just admit it. Maybe you even like her." James added in.

"I could put in a good word for you." Peter offered to Remus.
"Good man, Wormtail!"

"You will do nothing because nothing is going on." Remus took off his glasses and placed them on his book, trying to ignore his friend's outrageous claims. But he unconsciously found himself looking at the Hufflepuff table. Looking at her smiling and laughing with Ravenclaw boy made a pit grow in his stomach and he had no idea what to think of it.

 Looking at her smiling and laughing with Ravenclaw boy made a pit grow in his stomach and he had no idea what to think of it

--☄︎. *. ⋆·˚ ༘ * --