Prologue

You wanted to escape, you couldn't stand being here anymore, you couldn't stand being with him. You knew he only used you for the power you hold, you knew he only wanted you because you're useful against the demon slayers.

The only friends you have are Daki, Gyutaro, Akaza and Kokushibo. They usually look out for you and keep you company. It can get boring staying in the same hideout and seeing the same walls and scenery repeatedly.

You always felt different from the other demons and you never knew why. You always felt left out, he says it's because you're unique, but you knew he was only saying that to hide something from you.

You were sat on one of the balconies from above, your legs dangling as you stared at the floor. You were deep in thought, wondering what the outside world was like. You've never been out before, mainly because you weren't aloud.

You heard someone sit beside you, but you didn't care to glance at who it was. They spoke,
" I know you don't like it here, it's obvious,"

You could recognize that voice from anywhere as you turned to face him with a slight smile,
" Is it that obvious?"

Kokushibo chuckled with a nod as you sighed heavily before looked back down at the floor,
" I just wish I was free, I wish I wasn't caged up and treated like an animal,"

He hummed in thought before ruffling your hair as you let out a giggle at his actions. He was like a big brother to you, he always made you feel better and you feel safe around him.

He sighed,
" Look, I know it's hard being cooped up in the same hideout, but you have the right to fight back. Master is afraid of you, your power, it's the reason why he's evil all the time. Don't tell him I said that, but you have a chance of escaping,"

You looked at him, deep in thought. He was right, you were more powerful than the upper moons. You have been cooped up in this place for a long time, and you've had enough of it.

You hugged Kokushibo tightly with a smile,
" Thank you, "

He chuckled before hugging back, his arms wrapping around you. You would miss his warmth and presence, maybe when you escape you'll get to meet him from time to time.

You pulled away as he exclaimed,
" Master will be at his house tonight, that's when you'll get a chance to escape,"

You nodded, excitement and hope coursing through your veins,
" Thank you!"

You then ran to your room and waited for sundown, which was then your time to strike. You didn't also feel excitement but nervous, you were nervous for the fact you might get caught or your plan won't work. If you get caught then you'll be in big trouble.

              ///////———————///////

It was night time when you woke up from your nap. You shot up in realization before getting up and placing your shoes on. You grabbed the letters that you wrote for your friends, they were a goodbye letters.

You snuck out your room and placed them under their doors before running as fast as you could without making any noise. You ran before noticing the exit, you were finally free.

You ran out of the door as the cold air hit your skin, causing you to shiver. The moon illuminated in the night sky as the stars twinkled like diamonds. The night air felt like ice, yet you loved it.

You ran through the woods, twigs snapping every now and then and the wind rustling the leaves.

You finally felt free.

//////——————//////

The demon king, also known as Muzan Kibutsuji, sensed something was off about the hideout. He closed the book he carried and placed it on the bookshelf before walking towards the window, his blood curdling eyes staring at the moon.

That's when he decided to go and check on everyone, especially Y/n. If she/they leave then they're in BIG trouble. She/They would be losing a lot of blood tonight if they did.

He ran at the speed of lightning, barely visible in the dark abyss of the woods. The only thing was the wind that swooshed past him due to his remarkable speed. He arrived at the hideout and walked in, to see all the upper moons chilling.

That's when he looked around, but couldn't find Y/n. Anger built up from within him as he searched their room, trashing the place. She was no where to be found.

That's when he realized she escaped from his grasp. His aura was filled with rage as he went to the upper moons with a angry expression,
" Find her! Find what's mine! "

They nodded, knowing who he is referring to and went outside, searching in the dark abyss of the night. They had to admit, she/they was good at covering her tracks.

The demon king was furious, he wanted only one thing, Y/n.