Chapter 31

Warning: gore and self harm

You felt your eyes grow heavy as you leant against Tanjiro. Your body begged you to rest to the point were you couldn't do anything. Your vision went blurry, watching everyone fall asleep before everything went black.

Your dream.

The sun was shining through the trees as the clouds revealed the blue sky. The breeze was gentle and relaxing, moving the leaves on the trees.

You woke up to Alluka shaking you with a bright smile, her blue eyes shining with excitement,
" Big Sister! Wake up! Big Brother wants you,"

You slowly sat up, rubbing your eyes before wondering how you got here. You were in what seemed to be a large cottage. You sat up before being dragged by Alluka and into the living room.

You felt as if you were dreaming, everything around felt strange. You looked out of the window to see you were on a mountain. Furrowing your eyebrows in confusion, you felt like you had forgotten something important, but what?.

Killua was sat on the couch with Gon and Kurapika beside him. They looked at you before handing you some paper,
" Everything you want in the wedding is off the check list,"

You were about to ask him about the wedding, not recalling anyone you knew getting engaged. That's when you noticed there was a ring on your ring finger. It was silver with a small, beautiful diamond on top.

Before you could ask who you were marrying, you felt large arms wrap around you from behind. Gasping at the sudden action, you leant against a muscular form before looking up to see Tanjiro.

He smiled softly, resting his chin on your shoulder,
" Two more days , love, and we're getting married,"

Your eyes widened at the news before turning around and kissing him on the lips, causing him to laugh and kiss back. Killua rolled his eyes in response,
" Save it for the room! Gross,"

You chuckled before facing him, rolling your eyes playfully,
" Shut up, Killua, don't act like you've seen kissing before, I've seen your search history and it's not very child like,"

He blushed in embarrassment as you heard Tanjiro chuckle at you exposing him. You walked into the kitchen and began to wash the dishes. As you looked up, you gasped when you saw yourself behind you. She wore something different and seemed to be in distress.

She yelled at you,
" Y/n, you have to wake up! It's not real! Wake up! Wake up!"

You dropped a plate, resulting it to crash on the floor into small pieces. You looked back up at your reflection to see she had gone, like nothing was there. Swallowing the lump forming in your throat, you began to pick up the pieces.

Thinking about what just happened, trying to figure out wether you were dreaming or not, you winced as you cut your hand. Tanjiro ran in from the loud crash before gasping quietly when he saw your cut.

He sighed before helping you up and began to clean your wound, he sent you a soft smile,
" Y/n, you should be more careful, "

You apologised before looking behind him, to see a familiar face standing behind him. It was a guy around your age and something inside you sparked in happiness at seeing him.

He wore a fox mask and had peach coloured hair. He yelled at you,
" Y/n, wake up! You need to sl/t your throat to wake up! Your friends need you!"

He then faded as if he was made of dust, leaving you to think more. That's when the memories hit you like a bus. You were on a mission with your friends and a hashira. This was blood demon art.

You glanced at the knife that was on the draining rack, thinking of what to do. You looked up to meet Tanjiro's worried gaze, you had to constantly remind yourself that it wasn't the real him.

You grabbed the knife before whispering to him,
" I'm sorry, I want the real Tanjiro,"

You then did the action the fox dude told you to do, hoping that he was correct.

End of your dream

You woke up gasping for air before seeing Nezuko trying to wake up Tanjiro. She puffed out her cheeks from failing before noticing you were awake.

Her eyes brightened up before hugging you tightly. You laughed at her adorable actions before giving her some head pats in return. She hummed happily in response, snuggling into your lap in her toddler size form, loving the affection.

——————————————————————

                     Tanjiro's dream

He walked through the snow, shivering from the cold wind. He didn't know were he was but he had a gut feeling he was somewhere he had been before.

His body froze in shock when he saw a familiar cottage in the distance, the memory of his family's corpses lying there shot through his brain.

He ran towards the cottage, worry and shock coursing through his veins. He was eager to see if they were okay, his heart clenching from the reminder of the massacre that happened years ago.

He opened the door before closing it behind him. Tears pricked his eyes at the sight of his family playing together in the living room, their laughter filling to the room.

They all looked at Tanjiro before hugging him tightly, jumping up down in excitement at his presence.

Hanako yelled with a smile,
" Your back! Y/n needs you, she's been feeling whatever she feels,"

His eyes widened slightly before walking into your room, to see you looking out the window. He gasped from how beautiful you look, knowing that you look like an angel in anything.

You wore a F/C coloured kimono with your hair left down. He walked over towards you before wrapping his arms around you from behind before feeling a large bump on your stomach.

Gasping in realisation, he looked at your reflection to see you had a swollen pregnancy book. He placed his hands on it, feeling the baby gently kick in response to his touch.

You smiled at him,
" She's due tomorrow, I can feel it,"

He was lost for words, he felt as if he had forgotten something important but all he was focused on was you and his unborn child. A warm flutter filled his heart, not being able to take his hands of the bump.

Tears rolled down his cheeks, always wanting to stop fighting and to finally live a peaceful life with you. That's when he realised that this was all a dream, his reflection yelling at him to wake up in response.

He began to sob as he memorised the feeling of having a family with you and being happy with his family, not wanting to leave it behind.

He then ran out of the house, ignoring his siblings cries before continuing to run, pushing away the nagging feeling of him wanting to go back.

Soon, he figured out how to wake up and he wasn't sure about it. If he did it he was worried it would affect him in reality, but he had no choice but to do it.

His blood stained the pure white snow before darkness fell over him.