Chapter 32

Y/n's POV:

You woke up, gasping for air as you held your neck in shock and fear, feeling relieved that the severe cut didn't affect you in real life. You looked to see Tanjiro do the same thing, accidentally head butting you in the process.

The impact caused you to fall of the chair, knowing how hard his forehead actually is. You felt blood flow from were he hit you. He looked to see what he had done before gasping in shock and apologized repeatedly.

You chuckled,
" It's alright, Tanji, I'm fine. You're forehead really is a weapon,"

He laughed nervously as be wiped the blood of your head with the sleeve of his haori. You thanked him before glancing to see Nezuko stood there in her child form, her eyes brightening once she saw you were both awake.

Taking the opportunity, she climbed into your lap and snuggled against you, wanting affection. You hugged her tightly before noticing the others were still asleep, with people tied to them?

Tanjiro asked Nezuko to burn the ropes, in which she did without complaint, before snuggling back into your lap. You watched as Tanjiro dodged an attack from one of the people, her aura radiating guilt and anger.

She yelled,
" You're interfering! Now that you're here we won't get happy dreams!"

Anger boiled within you and Tanjiro towards the demon that's manipulating them for his personal gain. All of the others woke up before attacking him, in which he just knocked them all out.

You sensed a strong aura radiate from above the train as you placed Nezuko back in her box, asking her to keep an eye on the others. She just nodded in response, humming happily from you giving her a quick head pat.

You stated towards Tanjiro,
" The demon is on the roof! I can sense them,"

He nodded as you both climbed onto the roof, seeing a demon smiling at them whilst waving. He giggled,
" Good morning,"

A mouth opened on his hand as he spoke,
" What a shame, you could have stayed dreaming forever. Did I not create dreams related to your desire?"

You clenched your fists in irritation as Tanjiro gripped his sword. The demon gave you an innocent look as he continued,
" If I wanted I could have given you a dream were your family was slaughtered and your friends brutally murdered,"

Veins began to expand from anger in Tanjiro's body as he gritted his teeth in anger. Increasing the hold on his sword, he lifted it before yelling,
" Water breathing: Tenth form, constant flux! "

Enmu faced the mouth on his hand towards Tanjiro,
" Blood demon art, whispers of ordained unconscious mesmerism,"

The mouth opened and spoke in a croaky voice,
" Go to sleep, dear child,"

A wave of tiredness hit you both like a wave as you felt your body slowly slipping into a sleepy state. You fought the sleepy blast just as Tanjiro did as you both charged towards him.

Enmu kept repeating the same blast, but it was no use. His smile faded, now looking surprised. You stopped in your tracks as he hit you with another dream, but it was a nightmare instead.

You were stood in your house with blood everywhere, painting the walls and floor. You looked to see Alluka, lying lifeless on the floor with Killua beside her in the same state.

Your eyes widened, before realising itbwas his blood demon art, causing fury to rise inside more than ever. You snapped back into reality as Tanjiro shouted in pure anger, his kindness had gone down the drain,
" Don't put words in the mouths of my family!"

He must had been given a nightmare too, which made him snap. He ran towards him before decapitating him in an instant, his speed outmatching Enmu.

You sighed in relief as you pulled Tanjiro into a hug, letting him son quietly into your shoulder. He wrapped his arms around you, needing your warm embrace. You sensed the aura of Enmu before pulling away,
" It's not over yet,"

A horrible slimy substance emerged from the train as you heard Enmu realise, talking as if he wasn't beheaded,
" I understand now, why the master ordered me to have you disposed of. Disposed with the hashira! It's the nature of your very existence,"

The slimy stuff grew taller to see his head was on top of it, looking like a nasty worm with a demon head. He explained that he fused his body with the train and that the body he decapitated was a fake.

As you tried to attack him, he disappeared along with the slimy stuff. You and Tanjiro shared a confused look before hearing the sound of metal on the train roof behind you, only to see Inosuke breaking his way through.

He jumped onto the roof,
" LORD INOSUKE IS COMING THROUGH!"

You smiled, knowing Nezuko was successfully waking them up. Tanjiro shared the same relieved expression, thankful that his friends are alright.

You had a gut feeling that this fight hasn't come to an end yet.