Chapter 13

You and Tanjiro was walking down a long path that lead into the woods. You were guessing his next mission was in there.

Ever since you found out you were actually human, you wanted to let go of the anger that's built inside you. You didn't also just feel anger, you felt sadness by the fact that you must have had a human family, and worry, to think your family might now even be alive right now.

Tanjiro has noticed and smelt your mix of emotions and has grew worried for you the whole trip. He knew what it was like to find out a devastating secret that has been kept from you for a while, from experience from most of his dead family.

Tanjiro looked at you in concern, his eyebrows furrowed. He asked,
" Are you okay?"

You looked at him, noticing his concern before letting out a heavy sigh and responding,
" I'm fine, "

He rolled his eyes before stopping in his tracks and stepping in front of you, crossing his arms. He didn't look happy but you knew he was doing it all out of concern for you.

He exclaimed,
" No you're not! You have so much emotions running through you right now it's overwhelming. You've also been giving me the silent treatment ever since the fight with the other two demons. Just tell me what's wrong?"

You were surprised by his sudden outburst, but you knew that he was right. You just wanted to crawl under a blanket and never get out from it's warm embrace.

You sighed again, not winning with is stubborn personality,
" Alright fine, I'm so angry with Kibutsuji right now, I really am. He lied to me and thinks I want to marry him? I want him dead, I want to give him a slow and painful death,"

Tanjiro pulled you into a tight hug, wrapping his arms around you securely. You were surprised before hugging him back, loving the warmth radiating off of him.

He informed, determine laced in his voice,
" We'll kill him when the time comes, I promise. I'll protect you and I won't let you marry him, he doesn't deserve someone like you,"

You thanked him as you both continued your walk down the path, you holding his arm slightly since you liked his comfort.

The silence was broken by loud screaming from someone down the path, and it wasn't a scream of distress or fear. A boy, around Tanjiro's age, was clinging onto a girl, crying his eyes out.

He yelled whilst crying,
" PLEASE MARRY ME! I'M GOING TO DIE! YOU CAN PROTECT ME, RIGHT?! RIGHT?!"

You commented,
" You don't see that every day,"

Tanjiro pulled you slightly behind his back, slightly cautious about the boy. He walked towards him before pulling him off the woman, his face furious,
" That's no way how to treat a woman! Give her some space!"

The girl slapped the boy before storming off in anger and frustration. The boy had orange/yellow hair and wore the same colour haori with triangles on.

The boy looked at you before his eyes sparkled before clinging onto you, crying and yelling the same thing. You rolled your eyes as Tanjiro pulled him off, even more madder and had slight jealousy in his expression.

Tanjiro yelled,
" What did I tell you!?"

The boy just cried on the floor and you were getting a headache from it. Tanjiro looked at you, concern laced in his tone,
" Are you okay?"

You just nodded as you felt Kokushibo's bloodlust from the box. You began to day dream before realising the boy, who you found out was called Zenitsu, had calmed down.

You both began to walk down the path, Tanjiro still cautious about his actions.

You were going to have a long day.