Chapter 22

Slightly long chapter

You watched as the wind Hashira, who you found out was called Sanemi, pulled out his katana from his sheath. You studied his movement before realizing he was about to hurt Nezuko.

You broke the rope around your wrists, not caring if the Hashira see you as a threat, before kicking his katana out of his grasp. The katana fell on the floor as he looked at you, clearly irritated by your actions.

You glared at him, sending shivers down his spine,
" Lay a hand on her and you lose your hand,"

The Hashira let out a surprised gasp, not noticing your eyes slowly starting to turn red. Sanemi narrowed his eyes at you, focusing on the color of your eyes. He could have sworn they turned red for a split second.

Tanjiro gulped nervously as he kept his gaze on both you and the Hashira. He didn't want them to see you as a threat, the last thing he wants is to see you put on a death sentence. He could smell the anger radiating off you. You were so angry it was overwhelming.

Sanemi scoffed,
" You must be insane to think you can protect a demon without danger or consequences,"

You raised your eyebrow at his statement, noticing how he was steadily making his way towards his katana. You scoffed, knowing he thought you would never catch him doing so.

You asked,
" Who said I wouldn't?"

He gave you a surprised look as he went for his katana, but he never made it. You disappeared in the blink of an eye, completely wiping your presence. He tried to look for you, as did the Hashira.

Sanemi felt someone tap his shoulder from behind him, causing him to tense up and turn around, catching him of guard. You took this chance to kick the wooden box out of his hand.

You caught the box with ease before walking over to Tanjiro and placing it beside him, making him sigh in relief that he knew Nezuko was safe.

The love Hashira mentally squealed at your strength, speed and stealthiness. She loved how you were protecting Tanjiro and Nezuko without a hint of fear. She also loved how beautiful you were, she has never seen a prettier woman.

Before Sanemi could yell at her, everyone heard two calm voices speak,
" The master of the mansion, has returned,"

You immediately bowed in respect, as did all the Hashira. Unfortunately for Tanjiro, his face was forced to the ground. A man was helped by two children, making you come to the conclusion that the man was blind.

He looked up at the sky, his warm smile never leaving him face. He then looked down at the Hashira,
" Good morning, everyone. The weather is strikingly nice today. Perhaps with a blue sky? It pleases me that we've made it to our semiannual Hashira meeting with no personal changes,"

You narrowed your eyes at the guy, inspecting his wound on half of his face. You knew just by the look of it that it wasn't any normal disease, it was something different.

Sanemi broke the silence,
" I am pleased to see you in good health as well, master, I fervently pray for your continued good fortune,"

You just looked at him as if he was crazy. He was looked as if he was about to murder someone from anger before and now he's all polite and friendly. This made you question if you were hallucinating or not.

Kagaya thanked him before Sanemi asked,
" If you could master, before we start the Hashira meeting would you mind enlightening us about this swordsman and girl, Tanjiro Kamado and Y/n L/n?,"

Kagaya explained how you all have been sanctioned and is hoping the Hashira will accept this condition, but they didn't accept. They couldn't believe their master was giving this demon a chance. What could be so different about this one?

One of the kids pulled out a letter and read it out loud,
" This letter arrived from a former Hashira, Sakonji Urokodaki. Please allow Tanjiro and Y/n to be accompanied by his sister, a demon. Because of her resilient and spiritual strength, Nezuko has retained her human reason, along with upper moon 1 and lower moon 5,"

The letter explained how Nezuko refused to eat people in a starved state and that she's proven to him that she was trustworthy.

" Shoukd Nezuko ever attack a human, Tanjiro Kamado, myself as well as Y/n and Giyu Tomioka will stone by committing Seppuku,"

Tanjiro let out a surprised gasp as he glanced at you, not believing that you would do that in order to protect his sister. A few tears escaped his eyes as he gave you a weak smile. Nezuko heard the news from inside the box and smiled to herself, wanting to give you a big hug later.

Alluka heard the news and stared at the floor, with an emotionless expression. She didn't know what seppuku was but she knew it was bad. If anything happened to her sister, they would regret it. She decided that she will protect Nezuko from harm, otherwise her sister will be hurt and in trouble.

You looked at Sanemi, noticing how angry he was getting,
" If they want to die, then rot to death for all I care! It doesn't guarantee our safety!"

You just rolled your eyes as they Hashira began to ramble on about how she will hurt people. Kagaya responded,
" We can't prove that Nezuko will attack humans, but we also can't prove that she will attack humans,"

Finally someone speaking some sense, you thought you and Tanjiro were the only ones who weren't ignorant to the situation. Kagaya explained how Nezuko could be important and that she would be a valuable ascent to the demon slayer corps.

Sanemi practically growled in anger,
" It's unacceptable!"

He grabbed your arm before pulling out his katana and sliced your arm, forming a deep cut that you knew would leave a scar. You rolled your eyes, knowing you'd get another scar. The Hashira noticed how you didn't even flinch or wince at the attack, surprising them.

Sanemi wanted to prove that Nezuko will Kato attack a human as he threw it onto the wooden platform, we're there's mostly shade. He made your arm drop blood on the box door, alarming Nezuko.

She climbed out of the box, returning to her normal size before growling lowly, not taking her eyes of your blood.