Chapter 16

Killua and his friends have been walking for hours, and they've still not got a trace on you. Alluka was getting tired and Killua knew that, causing him to sigh heavily.

If he was being honest, he was getting frustrated. He couldn't get a bit of information about where you are and it's already been 2 days. His patience was running thin, but he would do anything for his big sister.

Alluka was picked up by Kurapika as she rested her head on his shoulder, comfortable in his grasp. Her eyes felt heavy before she drifted off into a deep slumber.

Gon gasped at something before pointing with a bright smile,
" Guys! It's a town, we can get some rest there,"

They nodded in agreement before heading towards the village. When they arrived, the streets were crowded. They rushed into one of the alleys and sighed in relief from the crowd.

Gon asked,
" Where do you think we're going to find Y/n? At this rate we'll never find her!"

Kurapika commented,
" We'll find her soon, we just have to have hope",

What they didn't know was that someone overheard the conversation, frowning in confusion and curiosity that they knew you. He examined their strange clothing and noticed their aura wasn't exactly right.

He stepped out of the shadows, gaining their attention,
" How do you guys know Y/n?"

They glanced at each other in surprise before Gon gave his usual smile bright smile towards him,
" She's my best friend's sister sir! Have you seen her?"

He glanced at the white boy beside him, noticing his features are similar to yours. He nodded, his gut telling him that they're telling the truth,
" Yes I do, by my calculation they should be heading to her friends next mission. The Tsuzumi mansion,"

Killua felt relieved he knew were you were and heading towards, he was also relieved you were safe and not harmed. Gon asked,
" Please can we have directions? That would be helpful,"

He nodded before getting a piece of paper out of his pocket and a pencil before drawing a map. He gave it to Gon before saying,
" Y/n is in more danger than you know, keep her safe,"

He then walked back into the shadows, disappearing from sight. The three have a confused glance towards each other, wondering what he meant before following the map. They were at least 3 - 4 miles away from you and were both determined to find you.

    —————————————————————-

You and Tanjiro walked into the mansion, both aware of your surroundings. Zenitsu was accidentally split up from you both due to the function of the mansion.

The aura in here was strange, you knew you were fighting a powerful demon,
" Tanjiro, be careful, the demon in here is powerful,"

He nodded as he held your hand tightly, sending a weird feeling to act up in your stomach,
" Don't worry Y/n! I'll protect you, even if you don't need it,"

You chuckled at him before you both heard footsteps approach. You both glanced at each other and nodded, knowing you were about to fight a demon as Tanjiro unsheathed his katana.

The demon came into the room, he was tall with a few drums attached to him. His hair was long and brown and had no pupils.

Tanjiro stepped in front of you protectively as the demon growled at both of your presences. He noticed you and his eyes went wide for a split second, his aura radiating slight fear.

He sent attacks your way by banging his drums. The room flipped in different directions, making it hard for Tanjiro to keep balance, but he got the hang of it.

You watched as the demon banged another drum before sensing something different. You looked a few feet away from Tanjiro to see a large, invisible scratch attack heading his way.

You gasped before you pushed him out of the way using your telekinesis, the floor being sliced like a cake from the attack.

You felt rage. Your blood boiled by the fact that he nearly hurt your best friend. Your eyes glowed a bright red as a red light surrounded your hands.

Tanjiro knew you were going to snap as he held your hand an his and gave a firm squeeze, trying to calm you down. You glanced at your intertwined hands before looking back at him, noticing how his eyes are still filled with kindness.

Your power faded as your eyes turned back to their original colour before thanking him. He nodded before you both continued the fight. After a few minutes, the demon was slayer yet he teared up due to the fact that they both avoided standing on his work and writing.

Once the demon was slayed, he turned to ash, leaving you and Tanjiro to look at where he died in silence. You looked at Tanjiro,
" Are you hurt?"

He shook his head with a smile as you both tried to figure a way out of the mansion, that was built like a maze. After what felt like eternity, you found your way out, thanks to Tanjiro's great sense of smell.