Chapter 6

It's been 2 years and Tanjiro was improving with his sword skills and breathing techniques. You have been practicing with your power and overtime to you got stronger and stronger.

Tanjiro has calmed down with his clinginess, but it still happens every now and then, which was bearable.

Tanjiro has finished all of his training and was now set an assignment on slicing a boulder in half, with just a katana. You and Tanjiro were both shocked and looked at the boulder.

You exclaimed,
" Sheesh, glad I'm not in your shoes,"

You walked over to a tree and sat down, leaning against as you watch Tanjiro try multiple times to cut the boulder, but it was no use.

He yelled in frustration, self doubt taking over him. He began to think negative thoughts about him not being able to protect Nezuko and Y/n and that Y/n deserves a worthy protector than him,
" I can't do it! This is impossible!"

You hated seeing him like this, usually he would have a care free smile that always lifted peoples spirits. You were about to go and cheer him up when a male voice interrupted him,
" Silence! "

You both looked on top of the boulder to see a boy around yours and Tanjiro's age. He had peach coloured hair and wore a fox mask. He wore a green kimono, patterned with a geometric hexagon design of yellow and a darker green, tied off at the waist with a piece of black fabric.

The fox dude exclaimed,
" It's pathetic to whine, so knock it off. Don't you want to be a demon slayer? Then start acting like it!"

He jumped off the boulder and began to attack Tanjiro with a stick, his moves and stealthiness were fast, to fast for Tanjiro to predict his movements. Tanjiro got hit in the face, sending him backwards and onto the floor.

You sighed, knowing Tanjiro was having a hard time as you inspected the fox boy. He was just like Yoriichi, no scent and no aura. Was he dead to?

He stated,
" You're slow, weak, and immature, that's not what I call a demon slayer,"

Yoriichi sat beside you, watching everything go down. You looked at him before turning back to the training.

Tanjiro asked,
" What do you think you're doing?!"

He responded, no emotion in his voice,
" Trying to figure out what you think you're doing, take a fighting stance,"

Tanjiro did as he said, holding his sword out in front of him as he told Tanjiro to strike at him. He did, but failed. You watched as the fox guy ran as fast as lightning, bouncing off tree to tree before knocking Tanjiro out.

He sighed in defeat before he told a girl to do the rest. She nodded with a kind smile before you broke the silence,
" So you two are dead to? Never thought I'd imagine making friends with ghosts,"

They both looked at you, surprised by the fact you knew that. You knew they both felt that way. The fox dude asked,
" How do you know?"

You sighed heavily and explained,
" You have no scent or aura and I have a ghost dude, believe it or not, we're best friends now,"

You pointed to beside you as Yoriichi chuckled at the nickname you gave him. Sabito glanced at Yoriichi before walking away, disappearing into thin air.

Throughout the 6 months of training, Makomo thought Tanjiro how to fight properly and how to increase his durability, stealth, speed and breathing techniques.

With you, you made friends with Sabito, making you have two ghost besties, which you found awesome. They both knew your backstory due to you telling them, and it took a while for them to calm down from anger towards Kibutsuji.

The time finally came. Tanjiro was facing Sabito, but this time his katana was real. Tanjiro' s hair was now shoulder length since he wasn't paying attention to his hair.

They both charged at each other, and for the first time, Tanjiro made the first move. He sliced Sabito's mask in half, revealing his face and the large scar across his cheek. He had a proud and relieved smile on his face before he disappeared into thin air, along with Makomo.

Tanjiro then realized it wasn't the mask he cut, it was the boulder. Tanjiro had never felt so relieved as his knees gave up on him and collapsed to the floor.

You cheered for him as you ran over and wrapped him in a tight hug, causing him to silently sob in your shoulder, hugging you back tightly. He's been dreading for this moment, these past 6 months have been stressful for him.

You calmed him down,
" You did it, Tanijiro, I'm proud,"

He smiled with a nod as you wiped his tears. An embrace wrapped around the both of you before seeing Urokodaki hugging you both,
" Well done, Tanjiro, you're now ready to go to final selection,"

Your smile faded thinking about how Tanjiro wasn't going to be here for a week, you are really going to miss him.

You both walked back to the cabin together to have a good meal, you don't know what have though due to you being a demon.

He tried to cut his hair but you helped him and made it slightly shorter, you wished he kept it long because he looks a bit like Yoriichi, and you want to watch Muzan piss himself from fear.

He thanked you once you've finished before you watched as they both ate. He looked at you confused before realizing you were a demon and that they don't eat human food.

Tanjiro thought for a moment before sticking his arm out towards you, earning him a look of shock and confusion,
" Have some blood, you must be starving,"

You shook your head, refusing to hurt Tanjiro. You could easily lose control and kill him, you didn't want that to happen, you swore to yourself to never harm a human being unless it's necessary,
" I-I can't, I'll hurt you,"

He frowned, to stubborn to shove it away before placing his wrist over your mouth forcefully, causing your fangs to shoot out and cut his wrist.

You could taste the fresh blood pour on your taste buds, causing you to quickly pull away and fight the cravings in your stomach.

Tanjiro refused to give up as he wrapped his arm around your waist, pulling you closer to him and placing the bleeding wrist over your mouth and keep his arm and wrist there.

You groaned in frustration, knowing he won't give up before drinking his blood, the taste feeling like heaven. Your stomach settled down as you felt a sense of relief washing over you before pulling away after a few minutes.

You quickly pulled away and began to heal his wound with your power, watching how his eyes are slowly closing from exhaustion.

You then led him to bed, making sure he has a good nights rest before tomorrow.