Chapter 37

Tanjiro soon woke up to find himself with his head on your lap. He blushed at the realization, but he had to admit, it was comfortable. In fact, he preferred it more than a pillow.

He slowly got up, much to his disappointment, to see you and Senjuro were having a normal conversation, both with a cup of tea in your grasp. They turned their attention to him as you placed your cup down to give him a hug.

He just hugged back with a smile, in which you returned. However, Daki pouted in the shadows of the room, wanting to hug you also, but the sunlight stopped her from doing so.

Senjuro smiled at Tanjiro, looking like a splitting image of his big brother,
" I want to thank you, for standing up to my Father, I was to scared to do so,"

Senjuro gave Tanjiro a book that he believed had all the information to sun breathing and Hinokami Kagura. He opened it with an excited look before sweat - dropping at the sight.

The pages were ripped and nearly destroyed.

Senjuro apologized in guilt, not expecting such a delicate and special book to be ruined. Tanjiro decided that in order to find out about his breathing technique, he will train harder to do so.

Senjuro explained how he was once Rengoku's Tsugoku, but no matter how hard he trained, his sword never changed colour. When a swordsman doesn't have the right skills or enough skills, the sword never changes colour.

You exclaimed,
" I'm sure you'll do the right thing by going onto the right path when the time comes, you're a smart kid,"

He smiled at you before thanking you.

              /////////——————-/////////

It was sunset and You and Tanjiro were getting ready to leave. Senjuro gave Tanjiro Rengoku's naturing sword guard. It was a flame shaped one, which wasn't surprising.

He informed,
" He told me he wanted you to have it since he believed in your strength,"

Tanjiro was taken aback by the sudden request before hesitating. He soon thanked him for the gift before Senjuro gave you one last hug. He wanted you to come back again and visit. He loved it when you were around.

He knew that you were with Tanjiro, but if it was ever a possibility, he wanted you to be with his brother. He wanted you to become his son in law. He's longed for a Mother, a kind and gentle one like his biological one. You were the perfect role for that.

You and Tanjiro set off to the butterfly estate as the rest of your demon friends climbed out of the wooden box. The sun was set, meaning they can walk around freely.

Daki was happy that she could finally reach you without getting harmed by the sun, which is the reason why she gave you a massive hug straight away.

You chuckled at her behavior before hugging back, which then made Rui and Douma pout because they didn't get affection. You noticed this before sighing heavily with a small smile before hugging them both.

Douma immediately grinned in happiness as Rui let out a small smile at the affection. You pulled away from the hug, ruffled Rui's hair before holding hands with Tanjiro.

You all began to walk back, needing to listen to Douma whine about random things along the way. Mainly because Kokushibo and Akaza were ignoring him, clearly not in the mood to listen to his rambling.

////////—————-////////

Meanwhile with the Phantom Troupe

" I have predicted were Y/n's next mission will be,"

Chrollo informed as he used the future nen ability he stole from a girl once. All attention was on him from the Troupe out of respect.

" It will be in four months, I want to send Machi, Shalnark, Illumi and Pakunoda to the scene when the time comes, "

They nodded in understanding. What Maci and Pakunoda hated was the fact that they had to dress up and wear makeup. They weren't really the fashion type.

They had to hire a professional makeup artist who got them prepared for their mission. Machi wore a dark pink kimono that had violet flower design on at the bottom. Her hair was braided and she wore a bit of makeup.

Pakunoda wore a dark purple kimono that faded from black to purple at the ends. She wasn't happy at the fact that she needed to wear makeup, but had to do it anyways. She had to admit though, she loved the kimono.

" Please get Y/n at any costs; I would like to go back to our world as soon as possible,"

" Yes, boss,"

At least they knew what to wear and do when the time comes.

———————————————————————-

Sorry this chapter is shorter than usual, I have lots of homework to complete otherwise school will have a rampage 😂