Chapter 5

Y/n's POV

Ever since you told Tanjiro your backstory with Muzan, he's been acting strange. Whenever he's around you he would always be by your side like a worried mother with their child. He would always as if you are okay and if you needed help with anything.

It was kind of him at first, but then it began to get a little confusing. He's a good friend and a kind hearted person, but he's never acted like this.

It's been a few weeks since you both met Urokodaki and he's been training Tanjiro to become a true demon slayer. It's been rough for Tanjiro but he's always managed to get through it.

However with Nezuko, she's been asleep ever since the fight with the demon. She's never woke up since and it's beginning to worry and bother Tanjiro a lot. You thought I was just a demon thing, but you weren't to sure.

You were sat outside, in the shade of course, watching Tanjiro train as you combed through your hair. You didn't know this but Tanjiro loves to have you by his side, especially in training because it gives him motivation.

After half a day of training, Urokodaki decided to have a heart and give him a half an hour break. Tanjiro walked over and sat besides you as you handed him a large cup of water, which he thanked you for.

You got the damp towel you brought and knelt in front of him before dabbing it gently on his forehead, causing his cheeks to go slight red.
After all the dirt was off his face, you sat back beside him as you both leant against a tree.

Tanjiro broke the silence,
" Y/n, will Nezuko ever wake up?"

You looked at him with a smile, trying to ease his worry and nerves,
" Tanjiro, she's okay, she's a strong girl. She's just resting and for a demon to rest, it takes a while for them to regain their energy,"

He nodded before yawning, his eyes aching to he shut. You sighed before placing your hand on his shoulder, earning a look of confusion from him and placing his head on your lap.

You exclaimed as you combed your fingers through his hair,
" Have a short nap, you need it,"

He nodded before his eyes betrayed him and fell asleep instantly, his face looked peaceful when he slept.

You were day dreaming before you heard footsteps and a soft breeze of random wind blow beside you. You looked beside you to see a man leaning against the tree.

He had long  hair that was tied into a ponytail and a maroon coloured eyes. He wore a red haori over a very pale orange-colored nagagi kimono with a black umanori-styled hakama, a pair of zōri with red straps and white tabi socks, with a Nichirin Sword carried at the left side of his waist.

You asked, surprised by his presence, you didn't hear his footsteps or him coming towards you,
" Who the hell are you?"

He narrowed his eyes at you before responding
" Yoriichi Tsugikuni, I'm here because I've been watching you and noting your every move, I've figured something about you that you have yet to discover,"

You then realised that he looked similar to Kokushibo, the same hair and the same eye colour, except for the part that Kokushibo has 6 eyes.

You commented,
" That's not creepy at all, and what's this secret? Why can't you just tell me?"

He chuckled and leant against the tree with his arms crossed,
" It's something you need to find out yourself, besides it's not my problem,"

You shrugged before noticing Tanjiro was shuffling in his sleep, you then realized he was
having a nightmare. Before you could help him, he shot up, gasping for air before looking around in fear and sighing in relief once he realized it was just a dream.

He looked at you as you gave him a concerned expression,
" Are you Alright?"

He heavy breathing slowed down by the sound of your voice and nodded, his body shaking slightly from the dream,
" Y-Yeah, I'm fine,"

Yoriichi commented out of nowhere,
" Liar,"

You ignored him before pulling Tanjiro into a hug, trying to ease his nerves and fear. His cheeks turned pink before he sunk into the hug, your warmth and embrace calming him down.

After a few minutes, he pulled away with a smile, the blush still remaining,
" Thanks Y/n, you're the best,"

You giggled,
" Anything for a friend, now go and get back to training, otherwise you'll have to face Urokodaki's wrath,"

You both laughed as he did as you said and began training once more. He never knew why but you calling him a friend felt painful for him, in the heart.

You and Yoriichi bonded and became great friends, you found out he's a ghost and the brother of Kokushibo. You didn't know it yet but Yoriichi has grown fond of you over time and is willing to protect you from harm and any danger that comes your way.

He does believe you can defeat Muzan once and for all with the power you hold, he knew Muzan feared you and seeing him scared entertained him.