Wolves and Waterlogged Rangers:

When we were woken up the next morning the moon was still in the sky. My entire body ached but we had to keep going. If Rohan made it with no trouble we could make it by lunchtime.

We rode steadily across the plains before coming to a hilly section. Legolas and I dismounted and ran ahead to look for any threats. Two riders rode ahead and around the bend of the hilly path.

"Anything?" Legolas asked me.

"No, not yet. Thank goodness." I said before hearing a yell break through the air. Legolas and I looked at each other and sprinted. We saw the two riders, dead, and an orc on the ground. My husband stabbed his knife in and ripped it out. "A scout!" He yelled. Aragorn ran back to the people and yelled something about running. "WARGS! We're under attack!" The people screamed with fear and began to run. Aragorn mounted his horse and rode towards us.

"Go with the others." Legolas tried to shove me back.

"What? No." I pulled out my bow. "I will not leave you." He didn't have time to argue. We ran for a rocky point and started firing at the oncoming attackers. Legolas and I ran back to the soldiers and he swung onto Arod with Gimli. I lept onto my horse's back and we rushed to meet the orcs. We collided in a throng of stabbing, firing, splintering noise. I fire my bow, taking out two riders, and more after that. My horse stopped so I could jump off and I switched to my swords. I cut one warg on my left and another ran into my right one. Gimli rolled off Arod and began chopping whatever came at him. A warg knocked me over but an arrow flew through its skull. Legolas pulled me up and we went after more. One orc came at me but he was met by my cold metal. The sun glistened on my blades and made the jewels sparkle. This drew the attention of a warg. It snarled as it came for me.

"Want me? Come get me!" I yelled as I stretched out my hand. I whistled and my horse flew past. I grabbed the front of the saddle and scrambled into it. "Thanks, bud." I patted his neck. I whipped out my bow and shot an arrow into the wolf's skull.

"Maybe that's your new name, Wolf?" I asked my horse. He shook his head as if agreeing. After turning in my saddle I saw something that made my heart drop. Aragorn, falling over the edge of the cliff.

"NO!" I yelled but another orc attacked me before I could do anything. We had killed all the orcs. However, many lives were lost.

I vault off Wolf and ran to the edge of the cliff. At the bottom were rocks, and a long, winding river.

"Oh God, Please tell me he made it." I looked at the sky.

"Aragorn?!" Legolas yelled. His eyes fell on me.

"Aragorn?" Gimli called. I heard something choke behind me. One orc was still alive.

"Tell me what happened and I will ease your passing." Gimli held his axe at its neck.

"He is dead." The orc coughed. "Took a little tumble off the cliff."

Dead? No, no, It couldn't be.

"You lie!" Legolas grabbed his collar. The orc coughed and then was silent. Legolas pulled something from his hand. The Evenstar. His jewel from his Fiance.

"No. No. No, He can't be dead." I cry.

Legolas looked heartbroken as he hugged me. Theoden stood at the edge with a sad look of disbelief. Gimli, Legolas and I joined him. The four of us stood, looking down at our friend's watery grave.

"Get the wounded on horses, the wolves of Isengard will return. Leave the dead." Theoden ordered.

Legolas grabbed his shoulder. The king gave us an apologetic look.