Home Again:

~Legolas~

         Thunder rumbled above and the wind rattled the window panes. I heard a baby crying. I rubbed my eyes and pulled my tunic on then ventured down the hall to the girls room. Taneniels face was red from crying.

"Oh my little one, what has troubled you?" I whispered as I scooped her up.

"That's a good look on you son." Bercalion stated as he walked in. I chuckled. "I hated storms as a kid. Only difference was, I never had someone to comfort me."

He smiled. "Well, learn from your father's mistakes. Also, have faith in yourself. You are your biggest critic."

Bercalion left me to handle the baby. I patted her back as I walked back and forth. What was I doing? I went from being single to married in twelve hours, childless to two under two and one on the way. What if I screwed everything up? What if I hurt them? What if I failed? My father's voice went through my head. "You are my son." Over and over again. Erulisse followed. "You are not your father."

The words spun in my mind.

"Stop!" I stated. Taneniel started to cry again and Lothiniel sat up and looked frightened.

Erulisse ran into the room. "What happened?" She took the baby from me.

"I-I don't know."

She cooed to Taneniel who was resting against her chest and sat down next to our other daughter. "I think she may be teething."

I sighed. "I heard my father's voice and it spooked me. I didn't mean to scare her." I felt terrible.

"It's okay Legolas." Erulisse grabbed my hand. "You are worried love, what troubles you?"

I shrugged. "I do not know. Everything I suppose."

"Legolas I have told you a hundred times. You are not him. You may have his blood but you don't have the same spirit."

I stared down at my lap.

"Legolas please, don't doubt us now." Erulisse pleaded with me.

I ran my fingers through my pale hair.

Lothiniel scooched off her bed and walked up to me. I looked down at her and she back up at me.

"Ada." She reached for me. "Ada up."

I froze.

~Erulisse~

I watched as Lothiniel reached for the prince. Legolas looked shocked, then sad, and finally happy.

"Yes, little one?" He asked.

"Up Ada." She asked with sparkling blue eyes. Legolas looked at me, then back at her, then at me. I nodded.

Legolas picked the tiny girl up. She looked even smaller compared to his tall frame. He sat with her on the bed and chuckled as she touched his long hair. Lothiniel played with his fingers as her eyes started to flutter shut. He kissed the top of her head. "Rest my little dove." He tucked Lothiniel back into bed while I rocked her sister.

"See, you're a natural." I smiled. He kissed my forehead. "I suppose it is good practice. After all, we're about to have three under two."

"I just never thought it would be this way," I whispered as I snuggled Taneniel into me. Legolas pulled me into his arms and rested his chin on my head. "I know, I know, it hurts me too. This is what they would want, they wanted their daughters to have the best chance at life and be loved while doing so."

I leaned into him. "I know." 

Something told me we would be just fine.

The next morning we found ourselves riding towards the city. We walked acrossed the bridge when the gates opened. Trumpets sounded joyfully from within the walls.