the hero's forge

Suddenly, Jim's armour disappeared back into the amulet. "What just happened?" he asked. "The Amulet responded to your unconscious command, master Jim. You are at ease, are you not?" Blinky asked. "I am, actually." Jim replied. "It senses that," Blinky winked with a smile. "You are beginning to master it."

"Holy trolls! Is this a palace?" Jim exclaimed when his eyes met The Forge. "This is the Hero's Forge!" Blinky announced as you walked over the path that led to the main part of the Forge, bare feet against the terracotta stone. Toby bent over to get a look at the botomless pit that the bridge helped them over. He snapped a photo with his phone before he went on. Jim looked up at the statues of past Trollhunters. "Holy cow.. are these?" Jim asked as he looked up at the statues. "Your predecessors, master Jim," Blinky finished his sentance. "A line of heroism that leads back to the age of Merlin!" Blinky then walked over to an empty spot. "This is the place Kanjigar the Courageous will rest," he said. "And one day, you will have your statue here too." Jim turned to him with a nervous look in his eyes. "A day very far from now!" Blinky assured.

"Ok so, just one question though," Toby said. "When you say Trollhunters, it sounds kind of like you are hunting yourselves," he stated. "Hunt bad trolls. Gumm-Gumms," AAARRRGGHH informed as he placed a heavy hand on Jim's shoulder. "Not exactly the most terrefying name," said Jim. "In troll Gumm-Gumm means Bringer-of-slow-painful-and-thuroughly-calculated-death, so," you said. "Oh," Jim replied. "But don't worry, master Jim, the Gumm-Gumms were exiled long ago. Only one runs free." Blinky assured Jim. "And wants to kill you," AAARRRGGHH added. "So Bular is one of the unspeakably evil trolls?" asked Toby and Jim facepalmed with a sigh. "Yes, his father and the rest of the Gumm-Gumms remain exiled in the darklands, but they have been trying to escape for centuries. I sense ill times are upon us, hence the need for us to begin master Jim's training now," Blinky said as he got close to a big, stone button.

"Step back," Blinky said, and you all did. "A little further Tobias," he said and Toby went a few steps back. "Oh, very well," he said. "This will be fun," you said. "What do you mean fu-" Jim was innterrupted by Blinky pushing the stone button and triggered big blades to swing out from the walls. You ran to the side and manouvered yourself away from the blades with ease. "That's a big blade!" Toby yelled as he ran away from one that almost cut him. "Oh no," Jim mumbled as a blade came towards him. He ducked just in time to not get split in half, but another bland sprung up from under him, which made him get up and run.

"Great refleces, master Jim!" said Blinky as Jim hit the wall beside him. "Yeah thanks, but maybe we could start a little slower with less grindy things?" Jim asked, and just then a great voice echoed through the walls of The Forge. "Blinkus Galadrigal," it said. Blinky pressed the button again at once, which made all the blades go back into the walls and floor. "Shit," you said to yourself as Vendel came to sight. "Shit? Why shit? What's happening?" Toby asked in a hurry. "Blinkus Galadrigal." Vendel spoke once again. "That's your name?" Jim asked. "Horrible, I know," he replied.

"I would like to meet the fleshbag supposedly chosen by the Amulet," he said calmly as he leaned close to Toby. "I am Vendel, son of Rundle, son of Kilfred," he introduced himself. "I am Toby, son of Ralph. I live with my Nana," he introduced himself aswell while Vendel poked him and examined him. "Show me the Amulet, Trollhunter," he commanded as he took a device of Toby's and crushed it with two fingers. "My phone!" Toby exclaimed. 

"I think I'm the fleshbag you're looking for," Jim said as he showed the Amulet to Vendel. "Amulet chose," AAARRRGGHH informed, not wanting to repeat what had happened with Draal. "Draal told me. Ridiculus!" Vendel said as he lent closer to Jim. "Father!" you shunned. "Oh hello Y/n," he smiled before he turned back to Jim. "Well, the Amulet has made unfortunate decitions before," he said before he turned to Blinky. "You know that better than most people, don't you." "What is that supposed to mean?" Jim asked. "Blinky trained Trollhunter before," AAARRRGGHH grumbled as he pointed to a statue that looked to be in quite the amount of distress. "Unkar the Unfortunate," AAARRRGGHH said. "Why was he unfortunate?" Jim asked. "First night out, torn," AAARRRGGHH explained. "Like, conflicted?" Jim asked hopefully. "No, limb from limb." AAARRRGGHH replied with unsettling hand movements. 

"If the Amulet chose true, the Soothscryer will reveal it," Vendel explained. Blinky tried to protest, but Vendel made Jim walk into the middle of the Forge and stand in a couple of large footprints. He held the Amulet in front up himself and the lines in the floor of The Forge lit up in red light. Then a large troll-head came up from the ground. "Behold! The Soothscryer! It will judge your trie spirit. Insert your right hand, Trollhunter," Vendel explained. "I'm gonna get it back, right?" Jim asked nervously. "That is part of the test," Vendel said with a mean smile. "Father, you're being mean," you whispered. "It's not my fault the Amulet chose this fleshbag." Vendel whispered back. "You know that I'm a fleshbag too, right?" you replied sourly. 

Before Vendel could say something back, there was a slam and Jim stood, screaming, on top of Toby with his right hand inside the mouth of the Soothscryer. He pulled his hand out and him and Toby both fell to the ground. "What did it say?" asked Toby. "Inconclusive," anwered Vendel as he walked closer to them. "Inconclusive??" Toby asked. "Not doing that again," he continued. "Wait, wait wait! What does inconclusive mean?" Jim asked. "It means, Trollhunter, that there has never been a human to bear the Amulet before. The Soothscryer needs more time to render it's judgement," he explained. "Let us all hope that you live long enough to see it," Vendel finsihed before he walked away.

"I'm sorry. He isn't that open minded," you excused. "It's uh, it's fine," Jim replied as you helped him and Toby up from the ground. "I will ask him to let me go to Arcadia. I have to be old enough by now, right?" you asked and turned to Blinky and AAARRRGGHH, who shrugged back. "Oh my god, she probably haven't even tasted a burrito yet!" Toby exclaimed. "You're gonna love it!" You and Jim laughed at his exitement. "I'll tell principal Levit that you are coming. School starts at 8am and it's called Aracdia Oaks High. You can come the day after tomorrow, so that the teachers can prepare for a new student." Jim told you. "But what if I can't come?" you asked. "I'll just say you're, sick or something. Dont worry about it," he said with a smile. "Thank you," you smiled.