Hinanami

Coming back to SDR2 with this one :D

Next up on my list in my drafts is Hinanami, aka Hajime Hinata x Chiaki Nanami!

Guys, you have no idea how much I love these two—

Now now, I already know this might be a little bit uhh... against the fandom 😅 from what I've seen, people really love Komahina (which I will cover don't worry—), but I prefer Hinanami by a landslide.

Just a disclaimer! I haven't watched the anime yet 😅 I know there are more moments with the casts of the first and second games and it fills in some context, so I do intend on seeing it at some point! But as of now, my knowledge only lies in the mainline games of DR 😅

If anything changes by the time I get around to watching it and feel like I should add something here, I'll update the chapter :)

(Spoiler alert, I ended up watching it while this chapter was halfway done and sitting in the drafts so yes, I've seen it now skfkgh)

With that, I think I can start XD

So!👏🏻

I love Hajime and Chiaki so much 😭 they are so lovely and make such a nice duo :'))

Hajime is the kind of protagonist that actually questions what's going on around him and it makes him a little more interesting (I love all three protags from the games in their own way lmao), and Chiaki's there for the ride 😂 I love that she just kinda chills and she and Hajime are simply content with one another at first and get closer as the story goes on.

I feel like the first moment that really hinted at something was during the third case? I can't remember if there was anything earlier, but I clearly recall a moment in the trial when Mikan used her and Hajime waking up together as an alibi. Soda makes a comment, Mikan elaborates saying that she fell asleep on top of Hajime, and Chiaki stops for a moment and asks to move on 😭 that could've been either her being uncomfortable with the talk, or it could've been her being a little heartbroken/jealous hearing that Hajime "slept" with Mikan (it was against his will 😭)— Hajime even insisted that it wasn't like that at all :'))

I also would like to mention that Chiaki is VERY helpful in cases, so she's not being a drag. As sleepy as she can be, she offers a lot, and Hajime clearly knows he can count on her. (Quick aside, Nagito also offers great insight from time to time, but he drags it on and acts as a wild card XD that's the difference between him and Chiaki in trials, and probably why Hajime seems annoyed with Nagito and not with Chiaki.)

In chapter 4, Chiaki is the one that stops Hajime from entering the final dead room— obviously, she didn't want him to put himself in harm's way just out of desperation.

But I think the most noteworthy moments are in chapters 5 and 6.

Chiaki reveals herself to be the traitor, and Hajime is just... distraught. You know how he'll shout "You're the only one!" when you correctly select/accuse someone?

He just says nothing when you select Chiaki. The icon just pops up, and his sprite immediately comes up with a very broken expression, mostly from disbelief.

It's so fucking sad 😭 He cared for her a lot and she helped him and the rest through a bunch, especially leading up to this trial, so for her to end up being the killer by complete luck on Nagito's part simply because she's the "traitor" from the Future Foundation is just shattering.

Chiaki put her full trust in everyone and told Hajime that he can do it. She can't outright say she's the traitor (until after she's exposed), but when she hinted at it, she trusted Hajime to guess. She wanted him to guess her so she can finally tell the truth. It put Hajime in such a difficult position and it's so heartbreaking 🤧