Chapter One: Runaways

“When you say... run away with me, do you mean-“

“Run away from all our problems and hide away on some island where we can just lie on a beach all day and forget all of our problems? Yeah, pretty much.”

“Niall...” It’s so tempting. More tempted than I have ever been in my life. “We can’t just run away together!”

“We can!” Niall says. “All my things are packed, all your things are packed, I’ve got plane tickets, I’ve rented a beach house... what’s stopping us?”

“Urm... a career? A divorce?” I suggest, I glance at Harry, “One Direction! People are going to notice you are missing!”

“I’m not looking for us to get away without any notice! But... when we’re away, none of it can reach us.” He sighs. “Lennox, you said so yourself, it’s going to be hell for the both of us, and I want things to be as stress-free as possible. We won’t be away forever, we can write songs, we can do whatever you want, just please... run away with me.”

“Haven’t you got a tour or I’ve got a tour, or something that will keep us apart, happening?”

“Not anytime soon.” He chuckles. “Lennox, I know what you’re doing. You’ll regret this in about... a week when you start reading your hate or articles about you. Why can’t we just run away from all our problems? We’re young, we’re in love, I want to be with only you, why can’t we just run away?”

“Ni... it’s so tempting.”

“So fall into temptation.” He insists. “The plane leaves in 5 minutes, a private plane, no one will know where we’re going, no one will find us, it will be me and you for as long as we want.”

“Okay.” I breathe out. “I’ll run away with you.”

“I’ve got the bags, Harry won’t tell anyone he’s seen us or where we’re going, no one will know.” He chuckles. “I was definitely expecting a lot longer to convince you to come with me.”

“Well... I love you and... It sounds perfect.”

I kiss Harry’s cheek, hugging his neck tightly, he doesn’t say a word as I get out of the car and I wave to him, the phone still pressed to my ear, pulling my hood up and walking through the airport. I pass people who give me strange looks, but I continue my search for Niall...

“Where are you?” I groan, looking around, but as soon as I catch the sight of my blonde-haired beau, he had two suitcases beside him, and I could even see his smirk, looking around for me as well.

“Hi Niall.” I smirk more, enjoying watching Niall’s smile grow at the sound of my voice, unaware that I’m even watching him.

“Just keep looking, we’ll find each other.”

“I’m behind you.” I tease, he takes a glance before his shoulder. “By the way, you look great in those jeans.” I can hear Niall’s laugh, just as he throws his head back slightly in laughter, looking around more quickly than before.

“Just look and you’ll find me.” I tease.

When he sees me I run towards him, people ignoring us as we run towards each other, it was an airport after all, and I throw my arms around him, the only bracelet on my wrist is the Niall one, and Niall smirks, holding my wrist to look at it as we pull away from each other.

“Now, are you ready?” He asks, linking his fingers with mine and grabbing one handle of the suitcase, handing it to me, and taking his own. I nod, I’m more than ready.

“Yes.” I tell him, kissing his cheek.

“Are you sure?” He questions again. “We’re running away together.”