Chapter Eleven: Suspicious

I don’t trust her. I don’t know why, I just don’t. Maybe it’s the way she smiles whilst we’re all talking and hangs off every word we say, or how she’s constantly asking questions, but I don’t trust her.

I’d tried to tell Niall this, but clearly he must know that she knows the secret, because he’s not saying a word to me, and merely tells me I’m just not used to the new face hanging around, which is partly true. But we can’t really say what we want to because there’s this large Molly-shaped secret in the way of us, neither of us stepping into that territory. I’m just waiting for the day that he slips up.

But the way she asks questions. I knew there was something wrong with that, and I felt like she wasn’t even here for Harry at all, but more for us, to find out. What was her interest in Rob and I? Why did she need to know how our divorce was going? She didn’t. So why was she asking? I’ve hardly known her, yet she was acting as if she was one of the crew, joking around, and she got on with absolutely everyone.

Why was she even still in America? Did she not have school, or work? Friends that were missing her? Did they even know that she had gone across the world to a different country with Harry?

I was sat in Liam’s room, ready to talk to him about Tamia. I’d already voiced my opinion of her to Niall, and then Zayn when Niall offered no agreement to my suspicions of her. Zayn merely said that I just wasn’t used to having her around yet, and that if we tried to talk one-on-one, I’d find myself trusting her more easily. Doubt it, Zayn.

“So what do you want to talk about?” Liam asks, and I’m about to answer, when my phone begins ringing.

“It’s Tessa.” I frown. “Hello?” I answer, pinching my bottom lip with my fingers waiting for her reply anxiously.

“She returns!” Tessa says, sounding… happy. “I’d say I was pissed off about your little disappearance act, but.. it did mean I could have a late-summer vacation!” She chuckles. “Listen, we really need to meet up. I know you’ve spoken to Simon, but we have important things to discuss, like hiring you another stylist since Tracey went on maternity leave.”

“She went on maternity leave?” I question, and Tessa repeats herself telling me that yes, my stylist went on maternity leave. “What if I got Lou to find someone? I’m sure she wouldn’t mind… I mean, she is here right now.”

“Hey, that’s an idea!” Tessa says. “Can I trust you to ask Louise about that and I’ll get some contact numbers.”

Okay. And Tess? Thanks for not flipping out on me.” I thank her.

“I know why you did it, and I was fully supportive the entire time you were away, Lenn. I’ll see you soon and enjoy the rest of your break.”

“Bye.” I hang up the phone, and Liam is not watching me anymore, but is texting on his phone. “So, uh. I guess… I wanted to talk to you about Tamia.”

“What about her?” This grabs his attention, his smile now dropped and he sits up straight, and I swear I saw a look of fear flash in his eyes.

“Don’t you find it weird that she’s always asking questions?” I ask him and he shrugs.

“She’s probably just curious, I mean she is hanging out with celebrities.”

“But it’s more than that.” I couldn’t find the right word to explain what was off about her, and Liam seemed to not share the same view as I did. “She says weird stuff about everything.”

“Like what?”

“I don’t know, just… she seems to know quite a few secrets.”

“What secrets?” He fires back immediately. Why was he acting so tense? The immediate mention of secrets, Liam had stood to his feet, running his hand through his hair, messing up it’s style. “What did she say to you?”