Chapter Twenty-Five: We Can't Stop

The next morning, with the worst hangover I have ever received, I went to Tamia’s flat for the second time ever, all because Niall had decided to volunteer my help in packing Tamia’s belongings to move in with Harry- a move I believe is far too soon.

The first day of 2014, and I’m watching two of my best friends move further on in their relationship. Whilst my boyfriend is off baby furniture shopping with Molly, his pregnant ex-girlfriend.

But tonight was exciting. I hadn’t mentioned to a single of my friends, but Tessa had rang me this morning to tell me the audio for my new single was being released today. Which was obviously an exciting time for me. If it wasn’t for this stupid hangover and crap mood I was in.

I’d volunteered to pack the bedroom the moment that I had entered the flat, deciding the furthest away I were from ‘Harria’, the better I’d feel. The way that they showed their love for each other was sickly to watch. They need to key down on the PDA, that was all I had to say on the matter.

An hour into the packing and I found myself shivering far too much so I laid myself back on Tamia’s bed, trying to calm myself down. What were they doing in the other room? Why are they so quiet?

What are they planning to do to me? Are they planning to ambush me and force me into rehab?

I won’t go. I won’t go.

I move towards the bookshelf, but when I reach it, all I think is ‘why am I here?’, then I remembered, I was meant to be packing.

I was scared how easily I could’ve forgotten that I was packing.

An hour into packing I realised what was happening. The crazy extremes of my body temperature, forgetting what I’m doing and feeling dizzy- I was having withdrawal symptons.

The moment I was aware of how much I had been affected by having no substances in my system, it meant that I couldn’t even forget about it.

Every minute that past, all that went through my mind was that Tamia’s en suite was just through a door. What were the chances she had some medicine? At least enough to tide me over.

“Stop.” I mutter out loud, but my body just does what it wants as I open the door to Tamia’s bathroom and I can’t help but smile when I see the mirror cabinet, opening it up and examining the packets of medicines she owns. I take one packet of the strongest stuff she has and I had the small white pill in my hand.

Niall won’t love me if I do this. Niall will leave me. Just drop it.

I tip the pill into the sink, it easily drops down the drain and out of my sight, but far from out of my mind.

You guys I’m out of cardboard boxes!” I shout, running from the bathroom and entering the flat area, but despite who I expected to be standing there, there is a third person, a blonde who looks far too out of place in this shabby flat, she looked straight out of a magazine.

“Are you Tamia’s mother?” I ask, even if I know otherwise. But I didn’t like the way her eyes lit up when she saw me enter the room, like she’d hit some kind of jackpot.

The woman shakes her head, her eyes narrowed onto me, clearly not amused by my own personal joke.

“I’m her boss.” This catches my attention as the posh woman who sounds like she’s right out of Made In Chelsea speaks. “Anyway, I can see you don’t want your old job back, so here’s your final pay check from the other week.”

I feel myself grow more confused by the second, especially because Tamia has been working for me more than a couple of weeks, so why is she only just getting paid now? Why wasn’t she paid last month after she’d decided to quit?