Chapter Eighteen: Press Conference

Los Angeles, my home for the next few days. Despite Niall’s begs not to go back I had to, and with Tessa and Tamia by my side, we prepared ourselves for one of my biggest announcements.

“So you’ll be having a press conference.” Tessa had informed me. “You’ll be answering questions, announcing the short tour of America and you’re upcoming album and then you’ll mention X Factor USA that you will start in the summer alongside the other judges. The press have been warned that there are to be no questions about this so-called ‘rivalry’ with Tia and also the baby, but we haven’t ruled out all questions about Niall and the rest of One Direction.”

It was quite daunting, I’d never hosted a press conference before, and as I entered ‘Conference Room 3’ of the hotel, I knew I wasn’t prepared for it.

The media has always been the hardest part about the fame, and I generally hated the lot of them, and walking into a room where they were freely allowed to take pictures and I was to answer any questions they threw at me, well that was going to be hard for me to do.

“Right so, this press conference is about what I will be doing for the rest of the year, I’ve got a variety of projects coming up and I thought this was the best way to inform everybody.” I announce, still looking around at flashing cameras. “So first off I’m going to be producing and then releasing my upcoming second studio album in the next few months which will have a… different sound to it I believe as I think I’ve now found the type of music that I want to produce. On top of that in the next week or so tickets will be going on sale for a tour that will be starting in February and will probably last for 2 or 3 months. And finally, not many people are aware but a while ago I was asked by Simon Cowell if I would consider taking up one of the judging positions on the X Factor USA, which the auditions will begin this year, and I’ve decided to accept the job.” Insane amounts of flashes now blinded me and I looked to Tessa, who raised a microphone to her hand and said.

“Lennox will now answer any of your questions.” She informed them all and immediately hands were raised in the air as I beckoned to the a woman on the front row to hear her question.

“Lennox you’re popular right now, why only limit yourself to a tour of just America when you could easily sell out places in England or… Australia. Why not go for a world tour?”

“I find that… World Tours are a lot… grander, obviously. They also require a lot more planning and a bigger time scale. This was sort of a last-minute decision to tour with the material I have now and due to X Factor I wouldn’t have enough time to tour all the countries and spend enough time there to feel satisfied with the tour.”

Another question: Where am I looking forward to tour the most in America.

My answer was almost immediate.

“Vegas.” I answer and then I’m asked if I’ve been before, and then I realised, I had. “I have, uh, been to Vegas before but I didn’t have the greatest time there. I hardly left to even go around the city or anything so I’d like to go back there and make better memories than I already have there.”

People knew exactly when I’d last been to Vegas, they all knew I’d caught my current boyfriend cheating with the girl who is now pregnant with his baby.

“How busy is your schedule for next year, you’ve already informed us of this year’s projects, but what about the future? Are you planning on settling down?”

I laugh, looking down to the desk.

“That is a clever question.” The media laughs. “Well a World Tour is definitely going to be seen in the near future, as I said another studio album, and as long as people don’t absolutely hate my second album, I’d definitely like to release one a year? And there will be tours and everything. I’m also planning on spending more time with my family. As for the settling down question, I’m pretty sure you will have to ask my boyfriend.” I joke and again the press conference laughs with me.