Chapter Thirty-Five: Adore You

“What song are you humming?” Niall asks me, my eyes are still gazing at the clouds above me, my head on his arm that snaked down my back, holding my body close to his side. His head in my hair, his hands holding mine.

“A song. It’s stupid.”

“Sing.” He orders lightly, but I know the desperation he has, knowing that all my songs are because of my love for him, he’s my muse.

When you say you love me,

Know I love you more

And when you say you need me,

Know I need you more.

Boy, I adore you. I  adore you.

“Lenn, it’s beautiful.” He whispers after I sing the words quietly. “But I think it’s wrong. Because I adore you. So much.” His voice sounded especially Irish, and it brought a smile to my face. His hand went down to my stomach, and I could feel his heart beat grow faster.

“Can you feel that?” I whisper, “the kick.”

“Yeah.” I can hear his shallower breaths; hand still on my growing stomach. “I was thinking Finley.”

“Finley.” I repeat. “I see it’s Irish.”

“Well, his father is an all-Irish man. I want a strong Irish name for him, or you know… her. Girls can be called Finley can’t they?”

“Finley Horan. Cute.”

“You know what’s cuter?” he doesn’t give me the chance to answer before he tells me a moment later. “Lennox Horan. Best surname you’ll ever have.”

“Because everyone knows I’m yours now.” I whisper again, and his voice also drops down to a whisper.

“You’ve always been mine Lennox. From the moment I first laid eyes on you it was like I was struck dumb.”

“Yep. Cafeteria. X Factor.”

“I saw you before that.” He whispers. I turn the angle of my head, meeting his gaze that was already on my and I search his face for answers. “Now, I could say something corny like ‘I met you in my dreams’ but I did see you. We’d snuck in to see the dancers; the boys that were all in X Factor because we’d heard they were always fit. There you were, I wasn’t watching the stage, I was watching you. Brown hair pulled back into a ponytail, messing around, pulling faces at who I presumed was your friend. Then you stood, eyes gazing around the room and I saw those gorgeous brown eyes. You skipped to the stage. It may have just been about looks then, it wasn’t love, it was… infatuation. Desire. But, Lenn, it turned into so much more and I can’t believe I could love anyone this much. I didn’t think it was possible. And this baby, I love this baby with everything I’ve got. Finley.”

“Finley.” I agreed.

I knew it was a dream. I wasn’t pregnant. I wasn’t even married to Niall. But the dream brought back hope, because opening my eyes, I knew I wasn’t in heaven any longer. That would’ve been my heaven, but being here, I can do all the things I knew I wanted to do.

I’m going to ask him to marry me.

“Are you awake?” I turn my head, it aches to turn, and it makes me wonder how long I’ve been lying here. It’s Harry who is the only one in the room, but I’m glad. I need to prepare myself to see Niall. I nod, and he moves from his plastic hospital chair to move towards me, pushing my hair from my face.