Chapter Seven: Dilemma

@SupportNinnox: @LennoxOfficial @NiallOfficial Kermit the frog once said, “Maybe you don’t need the whole world to love you, ya know? Maybe you just need one person.” You have each other, don’t let everything else bring you down. #SupportNinnox

I followed pretty much the only twitter account that seemed to be in support of my relationship with Niall, even our best friends weren’t supporting us.

I’d gotten more texts and calls from Dani, El and Leon, Leon was the harshest about the reality of my relationship with Niall and where we were “ultimately heading”. Unlike their boyfriends, however, Dani and El were on my side, not Niall’s. Because they understood why I had run away with Niall, whilst the boys refused to see reason. Meanwhile Perrie merely texted to ask how I’d managed to get such an amazing tan, and showed me her new hair colour.

I take my notebook, something that was a real asset to me on our vacation as I flip through many pages of scribbles of song lyrics, smiling at the lyrics I’d written about Niall, who was sitting beside me laughing at the show we were watching.

Instead of counting sheep, I count the stars within your eyes

I wish that I could sleep, but those stars are way too bright

It’s strange how just a few lines of my feelings can put such a smile on my face as I remember those feelings I felt whilst away from it all.

“Babe.” Niall nudges me with his foot to capture my attention and I look up at him, he seems nervous, and I think that he’s about to tell me why Molly had talked to him today. It was almost like it was a forbidden territory that neither of us wanted to take the first step into, but it tempted us al the same. “Do you think we could stay in LA a bit longer than planned?” I frown, why would he want to stay here? Sure, my sister might still be in hospital, but I will have to come back to LA frequently to sort out divorces... and stuff.

“But, our lives are in London.” I tell him bluntly. But he knows I’m exactly right. We have management we need to face first. God knows how that meeting will go. “Tessa will be flipping out. I’m surprised she hasn’t called yet.” Why hasn’t she? Hasn’t she called because she knows that I’m being dropped as an Artist by Syco? My manager, the manager who helped me to become better at connecting with my fans, who helped me with Rob and the wedding and all the publicity. Who I hadn’t spoken to since before my wedding to Rob... I’m not going crazy, it is strange that she hadn’t called me. Even if it was to shout at me. Her silence speaks more than her words that could have been said down the phone. It means I’m in more trouble than I once thought. “We can’t leave Leon to look after Rolo forever. He’s already in a mood with me.”

“We’ll go back, get some more clothes, get Rolo and come back then.”

“Sometimes I don’t think you understand anything.” I snap. Hurt covers his face, but I don’t regret snapping at him. “Sometimes, I wish you could be put into my shoes. I don’t have band members to keep up appearances for me whilst I’m off running away from my problems. Have you noticed how it wasn’t even my idea, yet everything is being aimed at me? Poor Niall, the fans are pissed off at him, you still have fans!” I pause letting him take in my words, but then I realise, I’m far from finished. “I gave up everything for you. I’m now in a bad position at Syco, clearly, I’ve got a divorce and now, Rob could probably get everything from me because I left him completely in the lurch. Ugh. And now, you want to stay in LA? Do you really think that’s going to make people like us more?”

Niall’s phone dings and instead of ignoring it, Niall’s attention immediately goes to the phone, unlocking it and reading whatever message he’s been sent.