eleven

jay
"and I remember I was so little then" billie pouts telling the story, "but it was just so cute like he gave me these flowers and kisses my cheek before he would run off" she giggles making me smile.

I tilt my head listening to her tell the story of a next door neighbor she had that had a crush on her, he was years younger.

"and he would bring me muffins over the fence when his mom baked or something, I was like six to seven while he was three. it was so cute but then they moved after a year" she shrugs while putting her hair behind her ear.

"that's cute" I say with a genuine smile, she nods scrunching up her nose before leaning her elbows on the table to look at me.

"do you want dessert or do you want to go home now?" I ask her taking her hand over the table.

"I think I want some dessert, I want to talk to you more" she says shyly making me nod before kissing the back of her hand.

"what do you want to get? I don't really have a sweet tooth, so I am good" I say handing her the menu.

"what do you think I should get?" she asks reading through it.

"the mango passion tart sounds good" I shrug making her nod and close it to put it aside, "come sit next to me, I don't want you so far" I say getting her chair closer to mine.

she laughs while making herself comfortable again, "talk to me jaylin" she says taking my hand into hers, "have you ever had a serious relationship?" she asks making me laugh.

"of course I have, two of them actually" I nod watching her face twist then settle into a pout.

"do you want to tell me about them?" she asks with a teasing smile.

"not really but I know you're curious so.. my first one was when I was eighteen to twenty, my first official girlfriend but we broke it off when shit was getting too weird and we were getting bored" I tell her and squeeze her hand.

"my second one was when I was some years ago now and it didn't last long actually but I was pretty serious about her but I guess I was moving too quick for her and she left" I shrug.

"that must have hurt" she mutters making me laugh lowly.

"it did but im past that and that's all that matters" I say kissing her cheek, she blushes turning her head to hide.

"what about you? any serious relationships?" I ask her making her face fall a bit.

"uh.. no" she says shaking her head, "people never seem to take me seriously or think I'm girlfriend material" she says rolling her eyes, "boys don't take me serious and I've only been with one girl besides you which she was more of a flirty and hook up then anything" she says making me nod lowly.

"and that makes you feel..?" I trial off waiting for her to finish off.

"unworthy"

"unworthy" I say after her, "I get that and I am sorry you feel that, you're not unworthy" I tell her, "Im going to prove it to you and show you that you're not and never were" I say leaning over to her chair.

"thank you" she mutters looking up at me, "I really appreciate you" she says making me smile, I lean into kiss her softly making her smile.

"of course, now lets get you your dessert" I say calling over the waitress.