[10]

After that incident you knew you had created a wall between you and Scaramouche but you didn't care at this point It was better this way, or so you thought.

''What? did something happen between the two of you?’' Ei asked her son, who gave her a glare. He seemed to be back at the monstrous state he was back when he hadn't gotten any sleep, Face was filled in distress. Ei could sense it. ''Never ever say that name infront of me, mother.'' Raiden decided to leave her son alone for now, she came outside to be met with a scene she did not expect to see.

It was you, with a neighbouring duke from Snezhnaya, ''Yoimiya?'' Ei asked the girl nodded in response signalling that she, was awaiting for further instructions. ''Why is the empress candidate spending a time together with an envoy fromSnezhnaya?'' Ei herself couldn't help but feel anxious there was a few days left until the start of the Royal Trial.

In simpler terms, the Royal Trial is a trial which the two soon to be candidates of the throne go to the court and let the trial, with the votes of people whether it is the commonn people or the nobles themselves. Based on what the saintess had reported,

Most of the Aristocratic and Noble Faction is in favor of Mona, However Y/N herself isn't an easy opponent considering that she has a whole nation behind her back as a support; Two at that, The nation of Liyue and The Nation of her mother.

"Your Highness, I'm afraid i don't know why the Lady Y/N is with Duke Tartaglia." Raiden sighed, "Is there any chance that Lady Guizhong is in her bedroom?" Yoimiya nod, "Yes, Your Majesty.. Lady Guizhong is at her chambers alone,"

Ei made her way towards Guizhong's room, the room opened with a maiden with white locks with black streaks at its end, she looked rather fierce like the cold ice.

"Ei? what brings you here?" Ei sat down as she looked at Guizhong seriously, "You must know it too, Guizhong." Guizhong's face darkens as she look away, looking guilty. "I know.. yes," She said as she bit her lip. "I told you, Y/N is not going to be the empress." Ei couldn't understand why her friend was acting like this.

"Why did you run away from Morax? Why didn't he knew about Y/N? her existence?" Ei didn't wait another second and assk the question that has been bothering her for years? decades.

Ei, way back when she wasn't the empress of Inazuma was a princess along side with her twin sister, Makoto. Makoto was a gentle kind woman but she wasn't as ruthless as her Ei. She was always believed to be the next empress because of her wise that fitted more to be a ruler for Inazuma, but because of a sudden calamity she died tragically and Ei, who lived in the shadows of her sister,

Became the heir of the throne at such a young age, Her ideals changed as she lost Makoto in the process, She knew Morax and Guizhong ever since that days and she thought the two was quite a match that is of course, that day.

Guizhong smiled bitterly as she looked at the roses in the table, "Even if someone turns back time, I will still make the same choice as I did." she said,

"As you know me, I am a princess of that nation whom was abandoned and thrown away to marry Zhongli at that time." She explains,

"I thought my life would be over considering that I will marry the future emperor of Liyue and he was also a tyrant in the past he did whatever he could so Liyue could stand as one of the prosperous nation as it is, today,"

"We did fell inlove and the proof of that love as Y/N herself, but the day before of the wedding came I got a shocking news from a wandering astrologer."

"You are bearing a child is that correct?" Guizhong was shocked as she heard the astrologer said, "This child.. bears a strong abilities as you yourself, You must protect her at all cost."

And without looking back the Astrologer walked away leaving Guizhong stunned, Contemplating on her decision. At the same time, a panicked Cloud Retainer came in the room covered in sweat. "What's going on, Cloud Retainer?"

"A lot of sirens are getting burned at the central plaza!" Upon hearing the news, Guizhong's face went pale as she staggered thankfully Cloud Retainer was there to caught her in time, "Guizhong?Guizhong?! Stay with me!"

"This child.. bears a strong abilities as you yourself, You must protect her at all cost." The voice, she heard it once more.

"But what can i.. do to protect you?" Guizhong saw a gold light desperately trying to reach her, depite being small. "Do I need to turn back my back toward the whole world for your safety?"

The little light bloomed even more, And with that Guizhong knew what she needed to do; Even if she were to face the wrath of the rock for breaking her end of the contract.

"I ran away and lived in Inazuma secluded from people. Y/N has my blood and she has terrifying abilities that might get her in danger... I protected my daughter all these years, Ei."

____

You were on a walk with Xiao and Ganyu in the streets of Inazuma, You saw how terrible the state of most families in, you felt your heart sank as you go even further. "Inazuma itself is a good nation.." Ganyu said smiling sadly in which Xiao replied,

"But it's not for everyone." Your eyes widened as you recalled Scaramouche's words.

“I want you by my side.”

Somehow that made you feel like you can do everything, You wanted to help the citizen live a good life, the children.

"If being an empress is the answer to solve this then.. I can't back down while the people here are fighting the means to survive, Then I will be the empress myself."