[11]

After that incident, Scaramouche and You became distant, you tried to approach him but his assistants would tell you that he was busy and most of the time he was with Mona. You were still unsure of what you felt either way you didn't want to do this for yourself.

As the Royal Trial is about to commence, Your faction was weaker as always but that is not a reason to give up. "Looks like every noble family in the Inazuma is invited tomorrow.. there is also Royalties from the other nation to witness the trial however the Great Priestess changed the mechanics other royalties from another nations are free to pick their candidate for Inazuma's Empress Candidate."

You looked at Shenhe with she nodded, "I will prepare your dress for the upcoming event." As Shenhe left you saw your mother enter your room with a worried look on her face, "Y/N are you really sure that you want to be the empress?" You nodded at your mother, "I will be fine either way if I become a queen or the empress, my will to protect the lives of many is what matters to me,"

Guizhong's eyes widened at your statement, You sounded a lot more like him. An aura of a true ruler who is going to climb up for the weak; A true daughter of the Morax indeed.

___

"You seem pretty happy today?" The ginger haired man asked the woman as she let out a small laugh, "Tomorrow is an interesting day after all."

"Will you go to the trial? I heard there will be many people attending there from other nations." Tartaglia asked, the woman nodded as she cut the thorns off the roses that she had, after some time she crumple it like it was a piece of disgusting trash.

__

Alone, Mona was waiting on the magic room. She was supposed to meet someone. The tower's archmage, her master. "How is the preparations going on?" The Sage, said. Mona got up as she greeted her master. "I trust that you are already on top?" Mona looked away.

"Master but how about-" Her master's expression changed as she held Mona's shoulder tightly, "NO MONA! WE HAVE YET TO ACQUIRE THE THRONE! DON'T LET OUR HARDWORK GO TO WASTE." She yelled at Mona.

Mona was shocked, "M-Master.." yet her master said, "WHAT DID I TELL YOU?" Mona flinched, "Kindness.. will be your weakness. And people will use it to trample on you.." Mona answered, more like whispered.

"Exactly, Mona! Don't let this hinder our plans! You must be the empress not Lady Y/N, Atleast if you become the empress Fontaine can be proud." Mona looked down and nodded, "Y-Yes, master."

___

At the trial room the nobles gathered as well as the different representative of the seven nations of teyvat, This was a historical moment they believe; and as always there were more people over Mona's, They were sure that Mona had already won the empress selection.

"Are you okay, Y/N?" You gave your mother a nod, "I can do it mom, don't worry." You said. You saw Ei opened the door across the room you saw Scaramouche and Mona talking which made you feel a little hurt?

"The court will start soon I wish you the best, Y/N." You nodded and thanked her, Ei left with Scaramouche He looked at you, but immediately looked away when your eyes met.

"Lady Mona Astra Megistus and Lady Y/N is entering!" As you stepped inside the hall you were greeted by many people, there was people on the second floor most of them were sitting on a luxurious chest like Scaramouche, Were they royalties from the other nation?

The divine saintess cleared her throat, "Before you is the two candidate for the empress of the throne the hands of the nation lays on who you pick." Yae explained to the noble, the high priest then nodded as Scaramouche nod.

"Lady Mona Astra Megistus A princess from Fontaine, a high hydro grand mage in the tower she was given the name of 'Astra' by the Archons."

You heard the people murmured but you only kept quiet. "Lady Y/N Pioneer, Although her capabilities are still not yet acknowledged She is given the name 'Pioneer,"

"The empress sovereign, Is.. Mona Astra Megistus." you smiled, It was fine as long as you get to help the people's life on getting better, The courtroom opened making all of you stop there you saw a lady wearing a coat she had a dark hair with pink streaks, "My oh my, what do we have here?" She said.

"You are-" The high priest said as he took a good look on the person's face, her eyes were covered, "Too bad I voted for Lady Y/N. Hm?" She laughed. Who was she? And why was Tartaglia on her back.

"Y/N may be a commoner for all of you. But she is infact the heir to the Nation of Sirens and is the Long lost heir of Liyue."

The people started to whisper again, opinions have gathered. You saw your mother's eyes widened as she saw the person infront. "Damselette." Scaramouche said clearly didn't like the fact of her sudden appearance.

"Oh my, I'm sorry I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Columbina. I am the Queen of Harmonia Palace." She then walked towards you as your mother was enraged. She whispered something in your ears which made your eyes widened.

You looked at them with pure disgust. Damselette, was amazed by this. Columbina, raised her hand the priest, all of them looked at her in curiousity.

"Now that the empress is decided, then I shall leave with Lady Y/N as you can see.. Our people needs her." Columbina nod at you, you looked back to scaramouche. As you hastily looked away. Your mother on the other hand screamed at Columbina. "Columbina! You can't do this!"

Columbina gave a smirk as she snapped her fingers. "I can, and I will." Scaramouche clicked his tongue, but after that you were dragged away by Columbina. With your mother running after you.

"Childe! Get the carriage ready!" She said. You looked back again to see Scaramouche looking at you worried.

No, why are you looking at me like that?

I broke your heart.

I'm sorry, Scaramouche.