CHAPTER 3

'HMM,am fucked,am hallucinating now"Wale shrieked.It was the woman from the night before.
"Please sit,what's the problem?" Angel said frowning.
"Nothing" Wale said as he sat.
"You look familiar,do i know you?"
"No you don't,please don't "He said quietly.
" Your name?"
"Adewale Olawale" Wale answered.Angel looked up and smiled before looking back at the documents in her hand.
As the questioning went on,Wale didn't directly look at her,he was scared of her remembering him and what happened that night.When the questioning was over,Angel said;
"That's all for now,you seem okay" Wale nodded and stood up to leave when Angel said,
"I didn't say you could go".
Wale immediately sat back down and thought,
'Does she remember?oh no,why is life this way?why is life so unfair?'
" You are the best i have seen so far and am also tired of interviews,so you are hired but if you offend me,you are fired.You can go now"
Wale immediately got out,that office was tense and suffocating for him.He called Richard to tell him the good news,they were both very happy and relieved.
Wale mounted his bike and transported himself back home.When he got to his abode,he sat on the chair with a heavy sigh.
"Bro,how far?"Andrew asked.
" I got it"Wale answered in thought.
"That's so good,i don't have to search for work anymore,you and Richard will settle everything for us" James said.Wale nodded his head and then said,
"It's like you want to stay miserable for the rest of your life"
James looked at him and frowned,
"Who is miserable?"
"You"
"Where were you last night?" Andrew cut in.
"You won't understand" Wale said shaking his head.
"Shouldn't you know?he was with a girl" James said.
"How did you know?"
"I can tell,did things go well?"
"I don't know,but i know nothing can go well now"
"What do you mean?"
"Don't even ask me.What did you guys eat?"
"You should celebrate this" Andrew said.
"Yes" James agreed.
"When i get my salary,i will treat you guys to drinks"
"Who knows if that will ever happen?" James said,making the remaining two friends look at him furiously.He was still quite angry that Wale called him miserable.
At night,Wale and his three friends were in the bar,they were all drunk.Richard's fault.He took them all out to celebrate Wale's new job.
"Congratulations,my friend" Richard said.
"If only i wasn't doomed,i would have said thank you"
"What do you mean?"Andrew asked.
" Yesternight,the CEO was drunk and..."Wale started and then suddenly slept off in the middle of his explanation.The three looked at themselves and burst into laughter before they also slept off.
~~~~
In Angel's house.
"Today was tiring" She put her hand on the doorknob and realised it was opened.
'Oh no,a thief' Angel thought as she entered slowly and quietly,picked her bat at the hidden spot and walked into the living room.Immediately she spotted the thief,she raised her bat and as she was about to hit his head;
"OH MY GOD,do you want to die?"