CHAPTER 33

"What does that have to do with the present situation?But you are the lady?"James said with his hands on his hips.
Rachael mimicked him and then frowned.
"I will carry him"Richard said by the door.
Their hearts jumped in fear.
"Oh,you scared me"Rachael said with her hand on her chest.
Richard entered,bent low and the others helped him by placing Wale on his back.
"I am going to sleep"James said as he walk to the living room.
"Okay"Rachael said.
Richard came back after dropping Wale and he was sweating profusely.
"Are you okay?"Rachael asked.
"Yeah,i feel slightly weak but i am okay"
"Should i handle this shift alone?"
"No,that wouldn't be right"
"I will check around again,you should seat for now"Rachael said and walked around,checking.
Richard sat on a chair and took long deep breaths,trying to feel better.
Rachael came back and was staring at him,she knew something was wrong and then said;
"Should i get you water?"
"Thank you"Richard said and she went to the kitchen and brought him a glass of water.
She stretched it to him but when he was about to take it,she drew it back.
"What?"Richard asked in a weak voice.
"Your eyes are red and weak,what is going on with you?"
"Nothing much,don't bother,just tired"
"Is it weird that i don't believe that?"
"No. When stressed,i become mentally drained"
"Mentally drained,as in?"
"I space out,can't think properly"
"But you are going to be okay,right?"
"Once everything is settled,i will get better"
"What if it takes longer than expected?"
"Well then,things will become disastrous"Richard joked.
"No,you will be okay"Rachael sat as she handed him the water.
"You were not able to rest at all,were you?" Rachael asked despite already knowing the answer.
Richard drank the glass of water and then said;
"People's footsteps kept me awake. I have always had to be at alert,i am used to it now"
"Sorry about that"
"Yeah,thanks"
And the three hours went on with the  conversation about Richard.
    After three hours,their surroundings began to clear up. They woke others up,Angel and Rachael packed some things like extra clothing and other needed things,they all wanted to get back to that goodlooking place.
"How was everyone's shift? Anything suspicious?" Mike asked looking around.
They all looked at themselves to see if anyone would say something.
"Okay,so if there's none,let's head out" Mike said and then carried Angel's bag for her.
"Let's go" Rachael cheered.
     They moved cautiously and went back to the citizen supervised area.
When they got to the city,Mike turned around and said;
"You should all rest the more,i will phone Frank"
"Do you want to send us away so soon?" Wale asked with an ulterior motive.
"You? Yes" Mike said savagely.
"Ohh" Wale exclaimed and then walked past him to the room he was to sleep.
Mike smirked and then signalled for the rest of them to go in to sleep.
"Bye"Angel waved to Mike as they all went into their rooms to sleep.
     Mike took out his phone and phoned Frank.
"Yeah,what's up?" Frank said at the other end.
"Shouldn't i be asking you what's up?"
"Well,i have gotten the search warrant  but....."Frank started but was cut off by Mike.
"No buts,Frank,no buts"
"I just wanted to say it was hard to get"
"Alright then,thank you for your help,this is progess"
"Sure,but we have to check thoroughly,after this,i don't think another search warrant will be given for that place"Frank explained.
"Alright,we will try our best.Meet us five hours from now,we will all go there"Mike said and cut the call.
Mike sighed and put his hands on his waist.He was thinking about what would happened if they couldn't catch her red handed.They would be hunted down and killed for sure.
"Let me check out Mr Leonardo and how things are going without me,yes,it will keep my mind off bad thoughts"Mike said and then headed out to find Mr Leonardo.Of course,he could call him but it would be better to walk around searching for him.
    After walking around for a while,his knees began to feel weak and so he decided to rest and phone his boss in work.
"Sir,where are you?"Mike asked Mr Leonardo on the phone.
"I am in front of the main gate waiting for you guys,where are you? Shouldn't you be back by now?What is taking so long?"
"You are at the main gate?"Mike asked.
"AHHH"Mike sighed loudly.
"I have being transporting myself for like ten minutes now searching for you.Where should we meet sir?"
"Meet me at the gate,i will just hold on for you"Mr Leonardo answered.
"Okay sir"Mike answered and cut the call.He got up and rushed towards the gate.
     When he got there,he bowed to greet Mr Leonardo.
"You are back at it.Just one day of separation and you back to bowing and calling me sir"Mr Leonardo laughed.
"It's just something i grew up with"
"Well,i have told you to stop being so formal with me.The age gap between us is not even up to ten"
"Yes,it's nine years and nine months"Mike gested.
"Its still not up to ten years"Mr Leonardo said.
"It almost is"
"Stop.You are making me seem old"Mr Leonardo said shyly.
Mike burst into laughter and then said;
"Leaving that aside,i wanted to inform you that we will go to search the woman's secret place"
"Today?"Mr Leonardo asked with his eyes widened.
"Yes.With the others"
"Maybe we should skip it for today"Mr Leonardo said nervously.
"Why would we? We should do it now,we have the chance now"
"I just don't think it is the perfect timing"