CHAPTER SIX

"I think he said Wale,yes,Wale"
"Do you know that my marketing manager bears Wale?his name is Wale"
Rachael's mouth hung open and then she burst into laughter.
~~~~
Wale was sleeping in his house when suddenly,he woke up with a sneeze.
"Holy Christ,who is talking about me at a time like this?God help" He went back to sleep.
Once again,he woke up with another sneeze.
"I need to call my pastor".He picked up his phone and dialed a number.
" Hello pastor,someone is calling my name somewhere,please pray that they call my name for good"
~~~~
"How dare he?he knew  all this while and he didn't say anything" Angel said pacing back and forth.
"What would you have done if he told you?"
"I will.......that's not the point"
"What will you do now?"
"It inside of me,you will find out tomorrow"
"Wait,does that mean you are no longer a virgin?"Rachael asked in concern and Angel suddenly froze.
" Ahhh"Angel screamed as she began to pace.
"Wait,try to recollect what happened after you guys took the car"
"Okay,ummm...we entered the car,drove to my house...."
Rachael cut in.
"Wait,you took him to your house?well then,you are done"Rachael said making Angel sit slowly and sadly.
" As for the contract,you are still going to sign it"
"How?i don't think am a virgin anymore"
"Will they confirm that?people that check things like that are few here,they wouldn't conduct tests so no worries"
"Are you sure?"
"Don't be a scaredy cat,you are going for it"
"Yes I will" Angel said gathering up courage.
"It's on Wednesday,be there" Rachael said as she made her way out.
Immediately Rachael left,Angel called the secretary.
"Get Mr Wale here NOW!" Then she cut the call.
~~~~
After the prayer,Mr Wale was about to go back to sleep when he got a call,he felt his good news was waiting for him already.He picked it up with joy and heard;
"This is the secretary,Mr Wale,your attention is needed at the office"
The call was very brief but well explanatory.He immediately got dressed and rushed to the office to see what was going on.When he got there,he was directed to the CEO'S office and the moment he entered,she said;
" so all this while you knew about it but you didn't say a word "
Wale swallowed hard before asking,
" knew about what?"
Angel brought out the picture and showed him.
" it's not me, how can it be me? It's not me, people resemble themselves, like you, I saw someone that looks like you in the market yesterday, did you go to the market?"
" yes" Angel answered making Wale look around blankly.
" oh,I see"
" yeah, well here you go" Angel gave him a note and pointed at the door.Wale went back home to open b note. Getting to the room, he opened note and saw that it was a sack letter.He instantly became dull and worried, how would he be now? what was he going to do?
"What happened?you look dull" James asked.He was at home,he had no work so.....
"She fired me"
"Ahh,i have known,when they named you Adewale Olawale,they will just keep calling you back home"
Wale became furious at his words,he turned towards James and said furiously;
"What about you then?Okoro James,Igbo boy,your people didn't even let you get close to a job,at least i got one at first unlike you"
James also became vexed but calmed himself down and just said to him;
"Talk to Richard about it"
~~~~
When Angel got home,once again,she met Rachael at her house.
"Why do you have a house if you won't stay there?" Angel asked p utting her handbag down on the floor.
"I prefer your house,even your couch is more comfy than my mattress"
"What are you watching?"Angel asked as she sat on the couch.
" Korean movie "
"Okay"
"What about that your marketing manager's issue?"
Angel hissed and then said;"don't worry yourself "
Rachael turned to her and then asked;
"What did you do?"
"He is gone "
"You sacked him,why?"
" I can't be comfortable around him"
"Who knows whether that's how you eventually find love,i mean,before my parents died,i was told they first met through an hangover"
"What ?"
"They both drank to stupor,got drunk and then forgot all that transpired between them and that was when they began their love life"
"That's not for me,goodnight" Angel said as she went into the bedroom.
Tuesday went on as usual and Richard was very mad at Wale,he believed Wale should have said something about it,maybe that wouldn't have happened.
On Wednesday,it was the day to sign the contract that she had been waiting for,but she was worried.They got to the company and waited for the CEO, they didn't wait for too long before the CEO showed up and said;"come with me please ".
They all followed him into a medical region of the company.
" This is the nurse that would confirm the condition "
Angel and Rachael looked at each other and then said;
"Is it necessary?"
"of course"
"i really don't like things like this,they are not trustworthy"
"Then maybe we should cancel the deal"
"No,there is no need for that,i will do it" Angel said as she looked at Rachael and swallowed hard.