CHAPTER 23

"Who are you?" Angel asked.
"Who do you think is after you?"
"Mrs Leonard" Richard said with his hands on his head.
"I told you guys i didn't want to get involved in this,but you dragged me in and now, i am the one always in danger" Rachael said angrily.
"Well,that's true. If you had not come back here,we wouldn't be here either. You keep slowing us down,we should leave you" Wale said.
"What? You will not,you can't" Rachael said crying.
"Why not?"Richard asked.
"You are on board with them?Why?You are supposed to take my side,most of this is your fault"Rachael flared up.
"Shut up,SHUT UP.You think i am concerned about your greatly stupid friendship feud,i am not,so shut it"The guy said.
"Let's go"Wale said.
"Hey,don't move,or i will kill her.You think i can't see through your pretence,but i can,so stay put"He said again.He was glaring at them all,looking at them like he knew they had a secret plan.
~~~~~~
"Boss,he has sent a secret message,he caught them"Another guy reported to Mrs Leonard.
"Let's go there"She said.
They all entered the luxurious looking car,which i didn't expect them to have.
*I expected a dilapidated looking car for disguise,but no,i got the opposite. A car that attracted a lot of attention was what they had used*
    Not long after,they got to the inn.Mrs Leonard was very pleased,she finally got those that wanted to ruin her business.
She got to the back of the inn and saw four of them sitting on the ground with a knife pointed at Rachael's neck.
"Wow,i am very pleased"Mrs Leonard said clapping.
"Thank you boss"The guy said happily as he smiled widely.
"Pleased with myself"Mrs Leonard said eyeing the guy. His smile immediately faded and turned to sorrow.He believed he deserved a compliment for what he had achieved that she couldn't.
"But,i guess you did well"She said with a smirk on her face.
"Yeah i did,i did what you couldn't"He soliloquized.
"What did you just say?"Mrs Leonard asked with a frown.
"Nothing boss"He said and he immediately received a slap across his face.
"I can kill you right now,so do not provoke me,any of you"She warned sternly pointing her finger at all the rest before returning her attention to the four of them.
"Richard,why did you do that?You know how well we went together,all the things we went through,but you still decide to do this?"Mrs Leonard asked touching Richard's face.
"Does it pain you that much?"Richard asked with gest.
"Does it look like it?"
"No,i see you didn't find it hard to replace me.I also believe it wouldn't cost you much to get rid of them either"He said looking at her minors behind her.
"Of course not.And unlike you,they know that"
"Good for them,i just hope they make a run for it soon"
"Shut up"Mrs Leonard said as she pinned his chin with her  thumb and index finger.
"What should we do to them?"A minor asked.
"What did i tell you happens to a traitor?"
"They die"The minor answered.
"Good.But first,kill that one"She said as she stood up pointing at Rachael.
"But she is not a traitor"He said.
"So?are you a dummy?"She asked frustrated as she looked at him.
"Where did you get them from?"Richard asked laughing.
" Where i got you from,traitor " Mrs Leonard said angrily.
"Does that not show that there is a probability that they will betray you too?"
"No" She turned to another minor and said;
"Watch them closely" She then walked back to the inn.
"You are in big trouble now" A minor said.
"YOU are in trouble" Angel said emphasizing the 'you'.
"What?" He asked. Angel brought out a remote and pressed a button.
"I had planted small mines around and i know where i put them,but you don't,move anywhere and you blow"
"You think we will fall for that?" He laughed.
"You move and let's see if its a joke" Angel smirked as she stood up.
When she stood up,the guy pointed the gun at her and said;
"If you move,i shoot you"
"If i shoot,my thumb will automatically press this button" Angel warned causing the guy to put down his gun in fear. She walked cautiously,avoiding the so called small mines and tried to grab Rachael.
"Go away or i will likely push her to a mine" A minor threatened.
"Or i just blow that area that you are"
"Then your friend dies"
"Then your family mourns" Angel said smiling. The guy thought about it and he made up his mind that if he dies,his family will mourn but if he let's them go,the boss will only be angry for a while,he won't die and they will probably capture them again,so he raised his hands up.
She grabbed Rachael and then walked back cautiously with her. When they reached a particular region,they signaled the guys and they began to run as fast as their legs could take them. They reached the mountains and eventually started walking.
"I am very glad for what you did,when did you plant the mines?" Wale asked perspiring like a healing malaria victim. He wasn't the only one,but you know,there are different levels,different degrees.
"Do you believe me? I guess i am really good at deceiving" Angel said proudly.
"It's fake? No mine" Rachael asked.
"Nope" Angel smiled.
"To be sincere,that's really cool" Richard said.
"I was curious as to when and how and where you got the mines" Wale said shaking his head.